society seems to have guidelines, unspoken but they are there, why? and when?
mommaceitta mommaceitta 51-55, F 7 Answers Apr 22 in Dating & Relationships

Some women feel threatened by a unattached woman and some men feel chased by them. I have been blessed have not run into this myself as of yet.

Best Answer

when she doesn't wear black for 7 long years

Best Answer

I've been a widow for years, and people treat me as less of a threat than a divorcee, if you mean what I think. They assume divorcees are looking for someone new.

Best Answer

What is unspoken exactly?

Best Answer

I'm not sure I understand the question. Why would a widow be a threat and to whom?

Best Answer

I am a widow, and have a lot of friends on facebook, but now I am accused of trying to steal men, never meet these men, we are just friends meet on facebook. Men in question widowers, I just don't understand why I am all of a sudden looked on differently.

Best Answer

Ah. Are those accusing you of stealing men women? They see you as a threat because you are single and they assume you as being lonely and on the prowl and that is why they mistake your actions of friendship as something more.

Best Answer

Also, I am sorry for your loss and hope that this situation changes for you.

Best Answer

I suppose so, but it is not nice, to say the least. i am a woman yes and lonely , yes. But do I want someone elses man? No. The sad thing is the kind became my friend because he is a widow and still having a hard time, and we share what most don't understand :(

Best Answer

It is very hurtful and sometimes people don't realize how cruel they can be.

Best Answer

thank you, it is really for him he has turned into a really good friend, even showed up at the funeral home when my mama passed to show his respect and check on me, when you become a widow all of the friends that you and your spouse shared as a couple leave you and you are left alone yet again, friends are few are far between, so another has to disappear :(,
again Thank you

Best Answer

try not to let it get you down, you have had enough sorrow already. Maybe try a support group. Sometimes it helps to be around others experiencing the same situations.

Best Answer

Facebook Wars. Does anyone ever understand them? Do they ever mean anything? If some pinhead feels threatened by another person bing on facebook...it is time to push back from the keyboard.

Best Answer