NedKelly1 NedKelly1 56-60, M 72 Answers Apr 19, 2012

Corruption, overpowered, Ignorant, misunderstanding, generalization. I am an American and would have answered this question much differently in the past. When you say "American", I can't help but think of the government, seeing as how they control many aspects of what America is and the perceptions of what American means(at least until we start thinking for themselves and stop automatically accepting what we are told whether directly or indirectly). I think of a group of people with good intentions, but too eager for revolutions or change in the world. How can we change something in a positive way when we don't even understand the positive aspects of what we are trying to change? For instance, we(our government) try so hard to bring other countries "up to date" and make them like us. What about all the things in other cultures that are not valued or understood in America, or by the majority Americans. I believe all cultures, even ones in jungles living life as they always have, have valuable information/perspectives/beliefs/practices inherent in there culture. We discover and develop new medicine all the time from other cultures that most people would assume was mumbo jumbo, but when the trusted America says its legit, the sheep follow. I fear that if we push too hard or force change, make others adapt to fit into our ways, we are going to lose many very important aspects along with that culture. Do you really think that the government is going to hold off on their vision of the future until we understand those cultures to protect those things from being lost? Thousands and thousands of years of tradition and insight. I want to bring about change in a way that doesn't demand a cultural change at its roots overnight or in an unrealistic amount of time.

Best Answer

dude...

Best Answer

ARROGANT...THATS ABOUT IT,i like your answer

Best Answer

Guns and Kardashians, sadly not all at once.

Best Answer

Big butts in tight pants at Walmart

Best Answer

Freedom..<br />
America was built by people who were seeking freedom<br />
from their mother country.

Best Answer

Land of the Free- Home of the Brave- I still get to criticize Her and not get shot in the face-

Best Answer

Police state.....just wait until you are forced to show ID when crossing State lines, or being fined for not buying health insurance...Big brother is watching YOU....look at all the intersections taking your picture while going through it, or cameras watching us on highways and around towns....and no one is complaining because they can't see the ramifications of loosing privacy....it's none of the Governments business where we go, or shop, or eat....they are watching us very closely, and for what reason? Look at history...Hitler did the same thing with a lot less technology....keeping track of every ones movements....not allowing anyone to own a gun.....Questioning our motives and how we spend our money...so when I hear America, I think POLICE STATE>>>>

Best Answer

Yeah I know there's always hope....I stay to myself and don't bother anyone....food for thought....irregardless is not a word...lol

Best Answer

forever

Best Answer

Americans

Best Answer

the flag

Best Answer

Jersey shore. (sorry if i offended someone.)

Best Answer

More like embarrassed.

Best Answer

It's the USA- you can offend all you want

Best Answer

honestly...the first thing that came to my mind was tv

Best Answer

the big country beneath mine and ba<x>seball

Best Answer

Absence of geography

Best Answer

AWESOMENESS :)

Best Answer

Loud (but I know that's a generalisation...)

Best Answer

anyone who is a resident here!

Best Answer

How much you love us. :)

Best Answer

I will have to ask??????????????

Best Answer

where I live

Best Answer

Hehe....i live inside my head, been talking to myself a lot lately

Best Answer

but replacing C with a K is a fad that went out awhile ago, almost right out of the gate

Best Answer

American Football

Best Answer

God help us another war on terror

Best Answer