cast1971 cast1971 36-40, M 11 Answers Oct 20, 2011

No..you have to realize something..not everyone is paying attention to their chat bar..or has their sound on. to hear the little ping of the chat message....Sometimes, when i log on..i do that to hurry and post a note.. or a story..and really don't have time to chat.. or even see the chat bar...so this happens to me a lot..Just because you are available to chat...doesn't mean tthe person you are contacting.is available..It is a request to chat..it is not mandatory to answer..and possibly..some are here secretly..and can't chat at that moment...always allow for the benefit of a legitimate reason...and you will just have many more friends..don't be too judgemental too quickly.

Best Answer

Good points. I have had that happen quite often too...I have my computer muted or have stepped away and don't hear the signal. Then when I get back, I notice the note. Often it's too late though, because the person has signed off.

Best Answer

I don't know you personally, so I could only speculate.

Maybe some of them just don't want to chat at the moment, and they have forgotten to sign off of meebo. Or it could be, if they are female, that they are concerned about your experience saying that you're looking for cybersex. The bit about you being married might also make some women sign off quick.

Best Answer

Thanks Babs. Just speculation. :)

Best Answer

No. If it is deliberate, they are.

Best Answer

They don't feel like talking. At least to you. I do the same thing but that is because i find it awkward chatting.

Best Answer

No but this happens to me when someone wants to chat it freezes my page is like overloaded

Best Answer

Yeah, probably.

Best Answer

No - It is probably just a fluke. I know there are several times when I've logged off yet it still shows me as being online. I wouldn't take offense to it.

Best Answer

Your avatar is WAY inappropriate for the open Q & A forum.

Best Answer