unshakable unshakable 61-65, F 13 Answers Oct 10, 2010

Any age you want to really. Just be happy. I did at 38 because of a health problem. Went back to school got my BA and now teach oral English in China. Like it very much and still am retired.

Best Answer

Mid sixties. Retirement is good however, because of the recent wall street fiasco many people's life savings and 401Ks were destroyed. Thanks to corporate greed I dunno if I'll ever be able to retire. Every year more and more senior citizens have to keep working. If we don't take care of things soon, social security payments (USA's version of citizen pension) won't be around when/if I retire.

Best Answer

I retired when I was 52. I spent the first few years doing nothing and enjoying it. I am now involved as a volunteer for a National organization. I make more not working then when I was working. Plus I can not do anything if I am tired.<br />
A good age to retire is 62, but be prepared for retirement.

Best Answer

When you can afford it comfortably. If you're able to retire early but don't want to be bored, you can always study, take up new hobbies, travel, even start a second career. And, if you love your job, then stay as long as you can.

Best Answer

Whenever you feel you afford not to work and still live as you wish. I don't believe in a set retirement age and don't believe that I will ever retire completely. For some people working at jobs they dislike, retirement is good; for others, working at jobs they love, it's not.

Best Answer

Retirement or qualify for Aged Pension?<br />
I can retire now. But not have the lifestyle I want. I figure 60 to 63 will do fine. But the pension won't start till I'm nearly 67.

Best Answer

In our country it was 55 for a long tome, but now it has been made 60. People are healthier and our ex prime minister now almost 85 (I think) is still sharp, good presence of mind and travels the country and globe giving talks, attending conferences, and locally sits on several boards and is very attentive to daily happenings in the country. <br />
Retirement is not good. Everything about us will shut down, when we think we are old and slow. Keep going. Today the internet is a blessing for the elderly who can express a lot and share plenty. There is no such thing as retirement age.

Best Answer

A good retirement age is when you can afford it. Mine was 67 years of age. It is good, I love it.

Best Answer