We've been together a long time but he's a distant cold selfish man. I try to be a good s/o and love him but he is like loving a stone wall. He never looks at me when we talk, spends hours on computer or phone working, sleeps in separate room, gives me silent treatment when he's mad, makes $ decisions against what I ask or request, tells me his family hates me, calls me nasty names, intimacy is just for him, he gets his business done and rolls away. I am dying inside and just want to be loved, held, kissed, looked at and cherished. He won't get help with me at a counselor, I've asked many times and he says no, blames the issues on me. I'm drowning but hate giving up on my relationship...help!
Wildflower2001 Wildflower2001 18-21, F 9 Answers Sep 18, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

At this point, I would say it's not a healthy relationship and you deserve better. One can only do so much for a relationship on their end without getting anything back. If you truly feel as if it's one sided, then something needs to change, or there won't be anything left to fix.

Best Answer

Sounds like he already gave up. You should too. He doesn't deserve you and you would be so much happier on your own

Best Answer

My father loves my mother, they are in their 50's. He's never cheated on her and they have their problems, but they love each other. This is not a fairy tale- you know what that means? You can have this too. You do not settle for less. So get rid of him and go find another man, a decent man like my father who will treat you like a person.

Best Answer

It's time to move on. You wont get what you need from this man.

Best Answer

Some guys just can't be nice or gentlemen . Anyway, if you feel that there's no hope there isn't and trust me the minute you'll walk away he'll realize what he lost.

Best Answer

When you're not happy in it anymore, then it's time to pack it in.

Best Answer

Sounds like you are already there. Go find someone who will appreciate you.

Best Answer

...when you say "giving up on my relationship"...sounds to me like you have no relationship worth saving. How will you feel if he meets someone he actually wants to be sweet to and someone his family loves and decides to dump you this weekend? Don't waste your time with a toxic person who mistreats you. You are missing out on just being happy, regardless of having a boyfriend or not.

Best Answer