You have a platonic EP friend that is really pretty and fun but has self esteem issues. You try to reassure her with light flirting. She hasn't removed you from her circle but only occasionally responds to messages. Again. Not s-e-x-ting. No photos sent. No lewd requests or suggestions made.
SonOfTheDelta SonOfTheDelta 41-45, M 7 Answers Jan 27 in Dating & Relationships

Welcome to the home of the flawed personality. Here either one is gay, depressed, suicidal, transvestite, introverted, bipolar or concerned if they should grow up to be a vampire or a werewolf. You are not gonna make any real value connections on here and if you do---you'll end up having to fix them first. Cut your losses--time wise and emotionally and move on--for your own good.

Best Answer

Lol. Well said.

Best Answer

I'm none of those things. Can I stay anyway?

Best Answer

Sure. Someone here HAS to be normal. Guess it's just you and me.

Best Answer

Such a burden!

Best Answer

Imagine how I felt bearing it alone??????? Glad I can now share it.

Best Answer

THAT is FUNNY!!!!

Best Answer

I have quite a few single friends that said they actually met stalkers on line and it was just safer to go out with someone that they met through a mutual friend. Sometimes Technology can be a curse. I would be terrified to meet someone on line now a days if I were single.

Best Answer

There is a reason To Catch A Predator is able to find enough material to be a series.

Best Answer

It's very scary for a lot of women to get too involved with men online. You might be a great and sane guy but...you might be paying for the endless,gross behavior of many men I'm afraid.

Best Answer

Amen to that sister.

Best Answer

I guess it depends on what your intentions are....if you're really just trying to help an insecure young lady to feel better about herself, then keep doing what you're doing. If you have ulterior motives of some kind, and you're not getting what you want from the interactions, then only you can decide when you're willing to move on.

If it's truly a friendship you're after, consider how you want the friendship to grow. Will this type of interaction help it to grow the way you want or need it to?

Best Answer

No ulterior motives. Obviously online romances work for a lot of people. More power to them. It makes no sense to me. Especially since I'm not looking for it in the real world.

Best Answer

Understood. So the next question then, would be, if you are really just wanting to help her feel better, why consider giving up and moving on? (I'm seriously not trying to be difficult here, I'm just bringing it down to basic facts....please, believe that) I mean, if the young girl's self esteem is an issue, and you believe you can help her with it, wouldn't giving up on her be something of a blow to her esteem? Honestly, either way, only you can know when you don't have it in you anymore to try to help.....we all know you can't help someone who isn't willing to help themselves, right? I wish I had a clear cut answer for this, but I don't. Only you'll know when it's time to move on. For now, just keep doing what you think is right! :)

Best Answer

I have quite a few of those, I am still deciding if I need to remove them. Usually if there is no reply after 3 attempts, then bye bye.

Best Answer

I know what you mean but to replace them is such an ordeal.

I sometimes wonder if the guys that flash willy pics as their greeting card have more luck. At least they don't have to prove anything.

Best Answer

I think no one on here is replaceable, but if they are not interested, then why bother? Yep, you're right, the ones with body parts does have their advantage... lol

Best Answer

Hell, I move on from people every day. I keep my circle open for those who want to contact me, other than that, I pretty much leave them alone.

Best Answer

It's all fun. It's not a dating site.

Best Answer