there shouldn't be a question mark after that sorry. But I have learned that it falls on deaf ears to tell someone they are rude when they continue to act that way obviously they don't care so I just don't bother with people like that cause they never change. What about you?
justme4u65 justme4u65 41-45, F 17 Answers Mar 13, 2009

People who are rude simply do not care that they are rude. They see it as their right to be rude and they usually have a superiority complex. Unfortunately society does in fact encourage it. It starts off in High School and stays the same through adulthood. The nice people (even adults) go off and form their own cliques and start their own companies ect. and just avoid the rude people- which then leaves the rude people left to run the rest of society as they see fit with no one to stop them, and the nice people societies and companies interact with them in a professional way and have no clue how mean the rude people are to their own employees- their superiority complex gets reinforced, they get to dominate and learn all the skills and the people under them all look weak even though in reality they are actually quite civil, but no one fights the rude people and that's the problem. The strong nice people have to stand against the rude people, but they don't. So our world is filled with rude egomaniac control freaks who run the show.<br />
As for unintentional rudeness I fully forgive it. But more or less rudeness is rewarded in our society, not discouraged.

Best Answer

(I do disagree with Duana, though any indepth discussion would probably be better off at a discussion forum. And it's such an extensive topic that I'm not sure I want to go there.)<br />
It's very easy to ob<x>jectify people that make you uncomfortable. To dismiss rudeness (or any other negative trait) as something fundamentally wrong in their nature feels good. That's how social psychological mechanisms work. It's a psychological self defense of sorts, distancing oneself from even acknowledging them properly.<br />
Which goes to the heart of the question. I have neither the capacity, the motivation, the right nor the responsibility to "straighten everyone out", at least if they're grown adults or I don't know them. Also, people's values differ, so I would be pretty full of myself if I thought I could just adjust everyone to my liking. Mostly, I leave them to their own misfortune because one needs to care for oneself as well. But the best thing is to let them know that they're being rude. Rudeness is often unmindfulness (in other words, they don't care enough), but when did that become a crime? A human being doesn't care much about these things from the moment it's born. It's learned through exercising the conscience. They need to understand that it's important to care about being polite then, don't they? And one way to give them the motivation to care more without involving yourself in their life is to tell them they're being rude and avoid them until they get the point.

Best Answer

Kill them with kindness !!

Best Answer

Depends on who it is and the situation. I avoid confrontation on the most part but there have been times I have pointed out to people that a situation may have been handled differently because their rudeness made them look bad, unintelligent, greedy...

Best Answer

well usually i wouldn't bother because if they are being rude to people, or about people, then more fool them. but if someone is being rude to you, you need to stick up for yourself.

Best Answer

Being a Native New Yorker, I recognize rudeness and call them on it... There is no excuse for being rude.

Best Answer

I always tell someone when they are being rude. I work in retail, so I have to keep rude people in their places. If you don't, they just get ruder and more obnoxious. Usually when I call someone on their crappy disposition, they quiet down.

Best Answer

If someone close to me,then I tell them they hurt my feelings.If it's someone I don't know well,I just don't bother being around them,I;ve never gotten much result from telling them they are being rude.

Best Answer

If they're strangers wouldn't waste my time or breath, but if someone I know of course how else will they know otherwise

Best Answer

it depends on the situation for me. if it's a store clerk or a family member, i won't hesitate to call them on it. the situation at my job with certain co-workers is a bit trickier. for example, the charge nurse i work with says pretty rude things about another co-worker and i would love nothing more than to give it to her with both barrels but i usually hold my tongue because she is in a power position and i don't want to rock the boat too much. but if the day comes where i don't have that job anymore, she'd better look out!

Best Answer

thats true, it depends on where. If its at work i sometimes just suck it up until i find the comments to be just insane then i say something. And if i didn't they would keep taunting me. And if its outside eating out, YES. I don't have to deal with them except that one moment in my life. I get to my car and drive off afterwards.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer