rod1944 rod1944 56-60, M 59 Answers Jul 11, 2011

yes, a woman becomes a man's property once they are married.

Best Answer

OOPS!! So very sorry, that should have been a HUGE DISLIKE. Just what planet are you from cwre523. Surely you jest. If not, I feel really sorry for any woman you are mixed up with. Both are equal, just with different roles in the union. Which roles are up to them.

Best Answer

Is English your first language?

Best Answer

I'm sorry but I think you are talking rubbish. You may have chosen to live in that kind of relationship, and you have a perfect right to do that, and I'm not knocking it. The essential detail you are not acknowledging is that you have a choice as to what lifestyle you live. So okay, you have chosen to submit totally and refer to yourself as 'property'. That does not mean others have to tow your line, neither does it reflect how the law sees marriage (unless you're talking last century!) Oh, and btw, English is my first language!

Best Answer

I don't care if you think I'm talking rubbish. I'm not. Good day.

Best Answer

nothin an annulment sledgehammer to the head won't fix

Best Answer

Who cares who is the property to who? Marriage should lead to children. Husband and wife have responsabilities towards those children, and therefore to each other. In my eyes, marriage is a merger of two individuals into something larger then 'boy' and 'girl'. ...Transformers comes to mind here: SUPER-TRON! One Unit! One goal! NEVER TO BE DESTROYED! Hahahah....

Best Answer

If that were true then the Government would make you pay some kind of property tax.

Best Answer

ha ha ha ha ha ha! true friend this govt has no limit to taxation.

Best Answer

How true that is. Those of you who thought the tax man in the movie "Popeye" was a joke, think again.

Best Answer

Umm yeah *looks around to make sure wifey is not listening* I aint afraid to put her in her place neither!!! *looks around one more time to see if she is watching* Yup! Just snap mah finger!!!

Best Answer

Yes, women are the property of their Husbands, regardless of what either of them think.

Best Answer

wrong

Best Answer

Nay

Best Answer

Asking that question tells us more about you than any answer we may give. One individual cannot own another individual. It makes no sense. Both parties have to be there willingly or - isn't that a kind of slavery?

Best Answer

how can u call that slavery baby? the husband has not purchased his wife.

Best Answer

To the person enslaved, he or she just feels a slave, and whether money changes hands or not is irrelevant to the everyday experiences of a person living their lives in slavery. If she is not free, to be herself, then that is her reality, its not about money or no money being paid.

Best Answer

I am absolutely shocked at how many on this forum thought that wives are the property of their husbands! I certainly would not consider marrying a man who believed that!

Best Answer

Unfortunately, usually one of two things happen, 1) She thinks it a sure sign that he loves her, until she finds herself in a 'prison' and her feeling of self-worth is non-existent; 2) He doesn't show his true colors until the "I Do's are said. Either way, she is the loser. It's a sad shame.

Best Answer

Jeez--why use the word property? Sounds like how they say it in Africa(am African) most African men see u as their property once they get married to you. I say-NO!! You are partners, though i always regard the man as the head of the family, but my,my, the woman should not be regarded as a property...PLEASE!!

Best Answer

No, they're not. Just like men aren't the property of women. They are both individuals who chose to join in a partnership, where they are meant to respect one another and work as a team.<br />
If women are the property of their men, then men are the property of their women. This is not the case though, they are both individuals who chose to become a team. There is no "I" in team, but this doesn't mean that you have to give up yourself.

Best Answer

Excellent explanation here. Whenever I hear this kinda crap from a single Guy, it turns me off And I correct the Guy on this mindset. It's not cool to refer to humans as property. ..male or female.

Best Answer

Regardless of perspective, this person probably said it to antagonize. Don't let them bother you.

Best Answer

Yes they are, but a good man won't treat his wife like livestock. He would treat her respectfully, wholeheartedly, and reasonably.

Best Answer

very good answer baby! very correctly phrased also.

Best Answer

nope

Best Answer

Initially yes. Children too. Women taking their hubby's name perpetuate the idea.

Best Answer

yes i mean legally speaking!

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

No!!! Women are not properties (in a male chauvinistic/patriarchal society it's a reality). Men in ancient times had no respect for women even though women were mentally stronger and smarter. But due to caste systems and male authority who saw women as properties is one reason why society fails no equality equates to an imbalance and this is well known. Eve did not come from adam for XX chromosomes don't come out of XY chromosomes since the Y is missing a leg (a science) Adam. The bible is wrong in many areas because it was rewritten by the male point of view. The roles of men and women have changed over time. For example men used to wash the clothes and cook and time shows that the role switched every society is like that. Women were the tribal leaders and hunters and in time that changed too (which is the reason why in the game of chess the queen has more moves and the king runs with one move). Property means ownership and ownership cannot leave but buy their freedom so women as property/ies is illogical in society but when you walk in the churches they still promote such an age old propaganda yet when they are home the women are the providers, protectors and they are the men and women of the house all in one while men have decline in so many ways. Don't think it's about feminism or male superiority because that's not balance, justice, or right. Religion has failed us and made us weak minded and so has male chauvinism and feminism on the rise does not help. Yoga teaches that the male and female must be equal, one must not over lap the other it must be side to side not one on top of the other. Goddess worship was once found in all religion and yes judaism, christianity,and islam believe it or not And I don't expect you too just study how Jehovah had a wife and so did Allah why is it no longer taught is because of the males in priestly authority. It's funny how there used to be priestess giving respect to the creator who has both male and female characteristics. When you dance, love, or create you suspend masculinity and embrace femininity to do these things. Property uhn the only property you own is the one you worked hard to buy not a person ( That's what we call slaves). What we find in the past will change regardless if we find them in books we think came by inspiration or by a creator in the sky. Women are not property and women existed on earth 1st otherwise men would not exist at all. The fact is Adam came from Eve. Have you ever wondered why we read a one sided story when these religious books once embraced the power and knowledge of women yet due to male abuse, priesthood, and the male ego took over and changed the books, history, and the real roles of both male and female.

Best Answer

You have offended the conservative Republicans in the USA.

Best Answer

Good

Best Answer

Naw. <br />
Under the laws of the US the husband is pretty much the property of the wife, even after she dumps him for a biker.

Best Answer

Marriage is a partnership, not a purchase. Historically it was once a transfer, but not a purchase. The bride's family would pay the groom to take financial responsibility for his wife. In those days women couldn't own property, and thus the idea that they were the property of their husbands. Remaining traditions are the dowry and the bride's family paying for the wedding.

Best Answer

There is actually still a law on the books, (forget which one at the moment), where it is illegal for a woman to cut her hair without her husbands permission. What a crock!

Best Answer

HELL NO. NEVER.

Best Answer

man Asks woman, woman Chooses to marry man.<br />
taking most traditional roles= women bare children, men provide for children and wife, women cares for husband and children, men care for children and wife = freely. <br />
And this last name thing (from way back when)- the women have the biology, and the men have the "means", and mixing names would screw up the lines; so the obvious and easy choice was made (in the west - all cultures are different) <br />
THE real question here is why do some men feel the need to over-use their given characteristics of competition to try to antagonize the women who give them ultimate pride?- if they so choose to

Best Answer

so yeah my opinion. even with traditional roles, women are not owned by men! !

Best Answer

Think of the obvious. What happens on the playground when a slightly larger boy wants a smaller boy's toy? If he knocks down the little boy does the little boy;s mother say, "You must submit! It is God's will. The proof is that he was able to take your toy." I hope you realize that that is ridiculous. It is only a apish belief form that thinks a man proves he is manly by beating a woman. If she is accepting of it (without being cowed), it's none of my business unless done in public.

Best Answer

Each should be a benefit to the other. Some people treat the other as a posession, but that isn't real love.<br />
Real love requires sacrifice, forgiveness, patience, and other virtuous qualities. No person is property, or should be. That is illegal in this country, anyway. Unfortunately, I think true love is becoming more and more rare as things change in our society. It's sad that so many people don't know how to hit the reset button on their relationships. They just dispose and start new ones.

Best Answer

excellent answer baby!

Best Answer

****. NO. that's called slavery, and this cool dude called lincoln helped get rid of that. marriage is a partnership, not an ownership...too bad people don't seem to understand that (men and women both!)

Best Answer

Lincoln didn't give two hoots in hell about slavery. Learn history. People can own each other with or without it being slavery but I see voluntary slavery as the best.

Best Answer

Never!!! No one owns anyone, you might as well call women pets.

Best Answer

Yes, pets, I see many of them that way also. In my book women are either property, pets, sisters, mothers or pests

Best Answer

Please, Sir, I respectfully and authentically ask you to change your screen name to something more suitable. My humble choice would be 'cold-blooded-one, reptile, or snakewithlegs.

Best Answer