when she comes around I am basically ignored. I love that hes a good father but don't invite me over if I'm just gonna be a fly on the wall I can stay home and get work done while you have your daddy daughter time. At first when asked I would come but I started to notice some behaviors from his daughter that keep me away. Once after being ignored for hours my bf was attempting to be affectionate..it seemed as if everytime he took one step to me she would pop up and hug him or pull him over..I thought " Am I going crazy or is she blocking?" I observed to make sure I wasnt going crazy and sure enough it kept happening. Today we were all laying down and she kept watching to make sure he wasnt touching me lol she wrapped his hands around her, he began to rub her stomach he asked me to rub his and I said no..she began to rub it. He than began to rub my feet and she took his hands off and gave me a grown woman look like she was saying "*****" lol..he just turned his back and they cuddled.
themarie themarie 26-30, F 7 Answers Dec 25, 2013 in Struggles

Be patience. Imagine yourself in her place. You won't believe the reward later if you just love her as much as to his daddy! Please? :-)

Best Answer

thing is I have been in her place...i didnt act that way...almost the exact situation too.

Best Answer

Well there could be many reasons for the behavior. His daughter may not like that you're taking her father away from her (even if you don't think that's what you're doing, to a little girl, you are doing it). She's probably a daddy's girl because without her birth mother, her father probably gives her everything she wants. I would just talk to him about it when she isn't around. If you can't work it out, then it may be time to move on.

Best Answer

she spends time with her mom and dad. But her mom has a live in bf and I wonder if she does this at home to her moms bf? idk

Best Answer

It could be. But it also depends on which parent she's closer to.

Best Answer

true

Best Answer

She loves her father and wants to be important to him... it sounds like they don't live together and only see each other every now and then, so that time should be about them, not you.

Best Answer

i agree but then why invite me over? I dont have a prob staying away. But to insist I come over and then i have to deal with this.....

Best Answer

How long have her parents been separated? Did she sort of lose her mum to an other guy? How often does she see her dad? How long have you been together with him? And how long have you known her?

Naturally she's probably scared of loosening him... But can't say much if I don't know the storry behind it...

Ever tryed building up a relationship with her too?

Best Answer

been with him for about 3 years, the parents have been broken up since about her birth. She visits for weeks at a time. I admire him and I often give them space to have their time..dont come by unless i am asked...but I feel like he needs to learn how to balance when Im around..instead of ignoring me all day because his daughter is there. Her antics are kinda notciable..but i will never say anything as that is his child. When she keeps interrupting and actually sitting between and taking his hands off me I just say Im leaving. Im not going to compete with a child..or tell him how to deal with her.....I will just leave...

Best Answer

Ok I can understand her fears but I do think you should start talking to him about your feelings... And maybe try to do things all together like museums chucks cheese what ever she likes?...

Best Answer

we do things all together. I am still in the background I am often sort of left. I have never complained, i dont think I can bring myself to talk to him about it because why should I? he should know how to balance. My plan was to just leave everytime she acts like that so maybe he can make a connection...even worse he also refers to her as his little gf which is kinda weird to me

Best Answer

Seriously if your not ope there I don't think your relationship has a chance.. He needs to explain to her that he can love both of you and the name that's more than just creepy...

Best Answer

yes i am sure her hearing that is adding to the behavior...i work with kids in elementary school and i love them..i know all their tactics and tricks lol...but being referred to as "little gf" may be adding to her little gf like behaviors...is it weird for her to be rubbing her dads stomach as they laydown?/spooning in front of him and wrapping his arms around her...and doing this this everytime as soon as he lays down or even whenever touches me? or am i being dramatic?...I would talk to him about it I just would feel so weird/wrong..have no idea the words to say.

Best Answer

First just tell him how you feel...

And then don't think cuddling with him is weirded... But do think she sees you as a threat and don't think it'll change unless he can guarantee her that he's capable to love the two of you.. Otherwise honestly get the hell out of this relationship... How do you see your future If you ever have kids? So honestly talk to him deal with the situation togetherness prove her that with you she isn't gonna lose her dad but gain a friend...

Best Answer

thanks ill mention it. The reason i havent said anything so far is because i refuse to effect a good parent child relationship... but at the same time i will not compete with a child...and sorry but i do think its weird that right after me refusing to rub his stomach she goes under his shirt and begins rubbing...staring him right in the face lol..many moments i don't know if i should feel weirded out or just chalk up to normal...its bugging me because i work with kids...

Best Answer

It goes to an extreme but I think it's nothing that can't be dealt with... Know the feelings she probably has and yes don't expect her to not put up a fight and struggle but I do think it's something that can be overcome... I did it...

Best Answer

was your situation extreme? its very hard for me because on top of this i deal with other stressors..he is a photgrapher and promoter many women talk to and flirt with him daily. The way he talks and interacts is sometimes disrespectful to me and he admits it...he interacts and is very nice to his clients he says things to them he does not even say to me which really hurts since i treat him with nothing but respect. He says its hard for him to say or want to be make me feel nice when we argue so much..his anger/pride wont let him...now on top of that i have to deal with this...i honestly think i deserve better but i am trying to hold on because we have been through a lot.

Best Answer

Honestly if he doesn't show you the respect you deserve screw him...

As for my situation... I literally lost everything kinda got my fam back and then had to deal with her falling in love and getting married and stuff...

Special for my situation it's my sis who adopted us... So yeah I did fear to lose everything again still do...

Never knew my father and have no need to... But went thru things like that with my mum too... Just hope I'll never have to again...

Best Answer