did you know its best to let babies sleep on their back b/c i didnt know that.
starship33 starship33 36-40, F 11 Answers Feb 6 in Embarrassing & Funny

That's what we were taught in prenatal with my kids. They changed it later on. I was just doing what I was taught. Now I question everything.

Best Answer

I don't even know anymore. I was told 'keep babies on they're backs' but I've witness my son choke on his own vomit because of it. Scariest ******* thing I've ever seen.

I think they say babies can suffocate on their fronts but honestly plenty of babies have survived laying all different ways all through the centuries so I'd say go with what you think is good for your child or let them sleep however they want

Best Answer

I never had a kid, but as a 14 year old, sleeping on one's stomach is best.

Best Answer

When mine were babies, I was warned not to let them sleep on their backs. Tummy or side was good, but not on their back. Because if the spit up they could aspirate some of the vomit and choke on it.

Best Answer

Yes, research and doctors keep changing that.

Best Answer

I would agree with you more...my son did fine,on back they spit up could choke too death would NOT have it

Best Answer

I found out the hard way by putting a old friend's baby on his belly and she went fricking nuts. I thought putting the baby on his back with the soft spot would hurt him, but apparently I was wrong. Ever since then, the girl never trusted me at all around her kids. I thought it was a bit over-dramatic for a one time mistake.

Best Answer

yup of course.... because of suffocation...

Best Answer

Baby advice changes all the time. Current recommendations say that sleeping on their back is safer.

Best Answer

May I please sleep on your stomach?

Best Answer