I do the very best that I can do because I have experienced SO many tumultuous situations in my life. But there are so many young women and men who really need help outside of a forum-like experience.. I really try to point them to their guidance counselor, family health counselor, etc. (with addictions) but, honestly, does it ever feel hopeless in helping these people? And yes, I have been one at many times and understand. I love and want nothing but for people to enjoy their lives. And it hurts me to see so many people struggling with mental or physical illness.... I am moving into a new place because of my two-fold disability. Not ashamed. I really wish more people would understand the term "disabled". I really don't understand why there is such a stigma on the term "disabled" You all know that I am extremely intellegent...
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 13 Answers Apr 8, 2012

We are in a hurting world. I am thankful that people share their struggles. It is only through sharing that they can find relief from the grief of their situation. And only through the sharing that we can be humbled to appreciate our life and be motivated to pray for them, offer suggestions or physically do something to help them.

Best Answer

Very sweet!

Best Answer

I answer when I can and when I cant I try to make them smile at least

Best Answer

You are awesome..you have no idea how much that means to someone that is struggling so much!!

Best Answer

Can we issue a cyber slap to those who ridicule these people who are suffering? <br />
If I cannot relate I wont go and respond. I have never cut nor known one personally. I have never personally met someone who is addicted to a drug, or of abusive situations. <br />
Yet when I am suffering I know kind words can help lift me up.

Best Answer

It is heart breaking to hear the kind of situations some people are in and the pain they have to deal with. I can’t say I will ever get to a point of not being affected by the stories told on here or anywhere else for that matter because they almost always leave me feeling a degree of powerlessness. And I would say that you and I know a little about the concept of being powerless, and I know there is a level of acceptance that needs to take place if I am going to find any peace with what goes on in this world. I once told a fellow recovering person that I felt like hell because no matter what I said, did, or how much time I put in, no one I was trying to help was staying sober. He told me he disagreed. And when I asked of whom he was referring to, he said I was the one who stayed sober so not all was lost. I have often wished I could see what difference I have made in people’s lives over the years, but it is probably a good thing that I don’t, because I think you know as well as me, help comes in really strange ways sometimes. I guess if I could say anything that would help; it would be for you to remember we are not alone. There is and has been something working in our world far beyond anything I think we are capable of comprehending. I have no desire to drink today and for twenty years of my life not a day went by I could make that claim. Something happened and it was beyond dispute. So God speed my girl, you are probably doing more good than you will ever know.

Best Answer

AWESOME! And I remember when I was struggling that there where so many people with time under their belts. And I made them remember that they never wanted them relive that again!!!

Best Answer

Yup, the only reason I can say I’m alive today are my teachers who are still out there fighting the battle I know I will lose if I pick up the fight again. So thank you and it’s kind of sad to say, but some of the reason I still go to meetings is to hear from those who stopped going to meetings so I won’t forget. Alcohol is just like that. Wants me to minimize, and minimize the possible cost until, “what’s the big deal” Right?

Best Answer

Yeah, it really is. But sometimes you do end up helping people, which is great. You just can't help everyone.

Best Answer

I truly believe that I helped many people with my stories concerning addictions. I am thinking about becoming a writer or a counselor...

Best Answer

Go for it!

Best Answer

yes it does

Best Answer

Agreed!

Best Answer

When the question relates to me, and I know I have asked the very same question in my mind, hoping someone would answer it for me, then I do my best to answer helpfully. My heart does hurt with those who are hurting in a way that I can understand and empathize, and I want to help by answering from my own experience. I hurt because I can't help more than a cyber-hug... I hurt because I know how it hurts to not have anyone by your side as you're crying and typing out that question or story... If you had someone by your side, you wouldn't even need to ask that question, or write that story...

Best Answer

Beautiful!...

Best Answer

I feel very helpless when I can't help some one with their problem.

Best Answer

But your kind words mean SO MUCH to people going though so much. I have been on EP for many years. I can't think of how I would have made without you all for support!!!

Best Answer

That's very sweet of you to say that. Thank you very much.

Best Answer

Truly..from my heart..

Best Answer

I see the same thing as you I'm in the same boat as far as my health goes i'm going down pretty fast . I have lost friends because of this and lack of their honesty too . God has a plan I'm kinda waiting to see what it is and keep believing that there is a better way soon . I hope and pray for you too and that angels are in your shoulders keeping you in a forward movement it's best . Love comes within never forget that so seeing this in others will help you the shallow will fall to the way side . keep me posted ok ? Hollywoodrags

Best Answer

I read them and if it relates to what I know I answer. However there are many times they are so mixed up i don't know where to start so I don't.

Best Answer