I was with my ex for 13 years an now i no the truth behind his death i miss him more than ever.. we became best friends after our split maybe cause of the kids we had but i miss him an it is now7 years gone why do i still miss him?
streak74 streak74 36-40, F 15 Answers Nov 19, 2010

Streak, it's a hard question to answer, and I've asked it myself. And the simple answer is, we never get over the death of a loved one. No. We just get used to it. My great-uncle died in 1984. I still think of him. My mom died in Sept. 2002; I still miss her every day. My dad died two years later in October, 2004; I still talk to him in my mind every day. My brother died in September of this year, and this morning I had his number half dialed before I caught myself and remembered that he won't answer his phone anymore. A song,,,or a particular smell, or sound.... or the feel of the air outside....can trigger a flashback of any one of those that I just mentioned, and cause me to stop suddenly and just start to cry for their absence.

But missing them is okay, honey. It really is. I want you to remember this one thing: The absence that we feel? The pain and that loneliness? That's the price we pay for having good family and loving friends.

Just remember to do what I do every night: every night, before I climb into bed, I kneel down and give thanks to God for all He has given me. And I always thank Him for blessing my life with 46 years with my brother, 40 years with my dad, and 38 years with my mom. They were God's gift to me, and I remember to thank Him every night for every gift He gives me, or has given me.

God bless you, and comfort you in your loss, Streak. You are in my prayers.

Best Answer

never. its been over ten years since my grandfather passed and about 8 since my grandmother passed and i was so close with them i still think of them every day and wish they were here to see their great grandson...they would love him so much. getting sad just thinking about it...so no, you never ever get over loved ones that have passed.

Best Answer

one may never stop missing a loved one who has passed on. i think you just learn to live with the grief..

Best Answer

I still have a hole in my heart from when my wife left me 35 years ago.

But the reason I was drawn to your question, is because I was just thinking about how much I miss my sister. Of 12 children, she was closest to me in age. We were always together, with the same friends. She died six years ago. She was young a beautiful, and my best friend. I've learned that these things don't go away. What works for me, is when I can find a new friend, and new joy in life. Only then does the pain stay at bay.

Best Answer

You NEVER stop missing a loved one! They are part of you and always will be. To forget them would be like destroying part of you.

Best Answer

i don't think you ever stop missing them. i can't imagine the day will come that i don't miss my mom and i miss her even more during the crappy times like i'm having now.

Best Answer

For as long as I have breath, I will always miss them.

Best Answer

It's because you shared something very special. Also, you have not been able to move on or open your heart to others who can and would give you what you most likely need companionship, someone to share your thoughts your ideas, a smile a laugh. It is hard but it will stay that way if you don't change what you are doing, I bet he wouldn't be happy knowing you are just staying in one place and not moving on in life. Life is precious and needs to be lived to the fullest with people you can share with. Open your heart, go out, do something you haven't done in a long time. Also read some good self help books by Louise Hay or Mary Anne Williamson. Or even some grieving books. Also, if you need to talk to an expert they can help too! Also, you don't have to forget about him, but you need to cope with the loss and make the best of it while you are here!

Best Answer

Never. It will get easier, but it has been my experience that you will never stop missing them.

Best Answer

You'll always miss your loved ones but you learn to cope.

Best Answer

we never stop missing them speiacl on days like this

Best Answer

I havee alot and never will

Best Answer