sweetsie sweetsie 26-30, F 7 Answers Jun 23, 2012

If your single and not connected to anybody, go as long as you like, if you get along with your family...The tricky part is when you get married/have kids, then every ******* holiday makes you want to cut your own head off with a rusty spoon because it turns into a huge fight about who's family you are going to and for what holidays, somebodybalways ends up not happy and feeling like one side of the family is more important than the other...It's not worth the hassle or madness, so, in my humble opinion, that's when you should start your own traditions...the first of which should be, our New family tradition is to not participate in other family traditions...in the end, it'll save you a boat load of grief...trust me....okay, sorry, my rant is over!

Best Answer

When you feel you don't want to go anymore I hate the holidays with my family and I stopped going when I moved out on my own I now LOVE the holidays and have my own traditions that make them great.

Best Answer

Whenever you get enough intestinal fortitude to do so.

Best Answer

when your married

Best Answer

I stopped feeling obligated at 30, when I had 2 kids, and it just wasn't as easy as it used to be. <br />
Now I never see my family. Somewhere in between 30-40, I lost all contact with my family and I have created some amazing traditions on my own.

Best Answer