midnightstoker midnightstoker 46-50, M 25 Answers Jul 2, 2012

Not really. Someone can have common sense rather than being intellectual.

Best Answer

Well, I'm not sure that I can call myself 'street smart', but even though I have no university degree, I managed to build a successful career in business.

Along the way, I met more and more university graduates who were 'at the top of their classes in school, but who were not able to show any real talent or ability in the real world. I can't say that of every university graduate, because I haven't met them all, but as a sampling, those I did meet didn't portray to me that 'book smart' meant smart.

Best Answer

Call it imaginary all you like, helped me get by when the real **** hit the fan.

Best Answer

That's funny, the dumbest people I know go to university. I work at one. I am a witness to their brain-dead behaviour every weekday.

Best Answer

I don't have a low IQ, I understand a lot of things. I'm just not good at learning information from books. Instead I learn things from reality, from practice.

Best Answer

Uh. A friend is always saying that to his uni. prof. employed gf. And he is Unemployed.

Personally; I think she is stupid... for going out with him. What a price to pay for compensating for being locked away for years to study. Financing his dumb weed habit. Uh. But, she IS street dumb. Fact. And; he is socially very bright. He doesn't incur the wrath of the entire local FB inhabitants for miles around with his silly whining and rudeness. In fact; compared to her, he's got kudos.

Why; between them they ALMOST make one normal, functional individual.

But their relationship ? Why; oh that sucks... of course...

Best Answer

Lol me too I hate that.

Best Answer

Get your hearing checked.

Best Answer

I hear "I'm a punk" and "hey, man, can you spare 25 cent?"

Best Answer

They spent more time in the streets than in the books.

Best Answer

I've never heard of "imaginary" smart - the people saying that must be imaginary, to themselves, lol.

There is value in both kinds of "smart".

Best Answer

I hear the opposite.

He is practical, not bookish (theoretical).

Best Answer