"return to traditional values"? Must we flirt with fascism each time things go a little bad?
Leporid Leporid 56-60, M 9 Answers Sep 14, 2011

religion and guns.

Best Answer

No, we need to fall back on conservative values like taking care of your own, helping your neighbor, being charitable, and telling the gvt "no thank you"

Best Answer

we don't have to. Just vote against the self serving candidates with bibles in their hand and you will do ok. at least we won't backslide into bushoblivian again.

Best Answer

The US has always had a strong streak of combined Puritanism and Fascism.

Best Answer

i'd say in modern America, the left is far more capable of fascism than conservatives. If anything the "puritans" as you call them are just trying to get out of the way as the leftists have gone wild.

Best Answer

Was "leftists" who came up with legal torture, censoring science from schools books, etc., etc. And I think (though I'm not sure) Fascism is by definition a Rightist political viewpoint, originally based on the combination of government and corporations working together to create an elite to control the government and to ban things like collective bargaining, unions, etc. As to American Puritanism, the best definition I've run across is it's the deep-rooted fear that somewhere, someone is having a good time. But it raises its head mainly in efforts to force its religious/moral prejudices upon those who don't agree with it, to curtail individual freedom, thought, and change.

Best Answer

Politically correct speech in universities. I rest my case.

Best Answer

My grandmother called it the Church of Christ

Best Answer

please don't rest your case, your comments are often so funny, it makes my day.

Best Answer

Ernie Not all conservatives are the bible thumping dopes you think they are , most are just people that expect their government to spend their taxes wisely and live within it's income

Best Answer

I expect they come off worse then they are because the shrieking Bible-thumpers drown out the more reasoned, sensible conservatives. I've even heard Pat Buchanan make sense at times, though in general I don't agree with him.

Best Answer

my goodness, you actually said something i agree with. if only bush had learned that.

Best Answer

Perhaps we don't need to, but we tend to. Caesar Augustus, for one, was adamant about how his rule was all about a return to republican tradition.

Best Answer

No....and the old ideas are not working anymore.<br />
But god forbid a politition woould have an orignal idea....or even slove a problem.

Best Answer

What "old idea" isn't working anymore? Capitalism? Isn't it interesting that as the U.S. abandons it it grows weaker and while China and India embrace it the grow stronger?

Best Answer

Frankly, I'm not really thrilled about a capitalist society in which children work for pennies an hour making products for other countries, which destroys the air and water around itself, and ignores human rights and dignity.

Best Answer

Didn't Martha get her nose tweaked for supporting that slave labor stuff? Where is Martha, anyway, i need help blocking my speater again.

Best Answer