...are they proud of you?
l3lackmamba l3lackmamba 18-21, F 30 Answers Sep 10, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Never in my life.

Best Answer

im so sorry...i understand...are your parents VERY hard to please?

Best Answer

They make it seem like its easy.. But you can never please them

Best Answer

THEY DO make it seem like its easy...i agree with you on that 1! which is why it resulted to some feelings of inadequacy= /

Best Answer

Yeha i agree with you...
Also that even though you know you can never please them you will always try no matter what..

Best Answer

NEVER ever...although there a few moments in life I could tell that they were.

I've always made it a point to tell my sons when I am proud of them.

Best Answer

i am really happy to know that there are more parents like you who don't make there kids go through what they've gone through:)

Best Answer

Thanks...now if these darn boys would do more to make me proud ;)

Best Answer

Haha- that's bittersweet

Best Answer

If only i could remember:(

Best Answer

:( im sorry...makes you want to hear it again don't you...i understand

Best Answer

Two years ago when i became officially the first man in my family to go to university.

And yes i think they are.

Best Answer

Good for you...and congratulations on that 1!

Best Answer

when I graduated from university and passed the professional board exams. My parents don't really talk to each other, they've been separated for many years... but that day we had a family celebration and they hugged with tears - thanking each other for having a daughter like me. what a glorious moment. all parents should be proud of their kids, regardless of the status of their marriages.

Best Answer

WOW:) congratulations!! wow...im taking the board exam few months from now...how did you handle the "exam stress"?

Best Answer

hope you recorded that moment on tape:)

Best Answer

I studied as much as i could, really didn't allow any pressure to get into me. 2 months from the date of exam, I cut off every distraction around me and focused on studying - no facebook, no internet, and very limited calls. I brought two bars of mars chocolate during the exam, oh well it worked. keep it cool.. discipline is painful but it's worth it. :) at the end of the day, it's not the recognition you get from others that matters... it's the fact that you have achieved something great enough to give you a good life. :)

Best Answer

yesterday my mum said i am proud of you!

Best Answer

wow:) feels so good doesn't it?

Best Answer

YEAH.. sometimes it feels so good..so beautiful ..when you live upto someonez expectations...:)

Best Answer

They have never said it. I didn't follow any path they recognized as worthy of my skills. Its hard to know that.

Best Answer

i get you...but are you happy with your career?

Best Answer

I went to college for something completely different than what im doing, im not even using my degree. I like the work, but not being the boss.

Best Answer

My Mum said it on her death bed, but in all fairness, when you know the end has arrived yu'll say many things to try and square your account.

Best Answer

im sorry and wow...those are like the most amazing last words!

Best Answer

Thank you. But the words would have weighed more if they were spoken when I was achieving things, not when I was holding her hand for the last time.

Best Answer

During the last conversation my mom and I had.

Best Answer

good for you:)

Best Answer

I had to earn it.

Best Answer

They don't have to say it, I already know that they are proud of me. (:

Best Answer

:) glad to hear that! they are so lucky to have you as their daughter:)

Best Answer

I can't remember, maybe months ago.

Best Answer

never i m just burden for may parent lol

Best Answer

how do you deal with it?

Best Answer

i dot have any problem that what my parent think about me or what people think about me and always think that how i can make my parent proud of me
i noticed one ting of you that you think much that what another think about you and it is not good for you

Best Answer

Sadly, never. What about you?

Best Answer

my dad said it when he saw my painting but that was it...the proud "phase" doesn't last that long...maybe just for a day like on the day they say it...i've been suffering from feelings of inadequacy and i feel like i have to please my parents everyday...and they are so hard to be pleased...they're perfectionists.

Best Answer

The reality is that the only person who you need to please is you. I gave up long ago on pleasing my parents. They weren't perfectionists. They just grew up old school and expected my sisters and I to be the same way. Fortunately for three of us, we grew up independent of the old school way of thinking.

Best Answer

I hear you. Got the same problem with my parents. Nothing is ever good enough. Even if you do something perfect for 99.99%, they'll complain about that 0.01%. It makes you feel like you're useless, worthless and so on. When you're actually not. They need to open their eyes and start seeing, instead of just looking. They've got plenty of reasons to be proud of you. They need to show it.

Best Answer

Nope.

Best Answer

does it affect you?

Best Answer

Million years ago

Best Answer

I don't think either of them ever said that. But they were still good parents. I think maybe you expect too much. Love means never having too say "I'm proud of you," or something to that effect.

Best Answer

but still sounds good if you get to hear that after all the hard work you've gone through...and still seem like you're not good enough

Best Answer

I realize some parents can be far too self absorbed but some are not even there physically. I think if you know you did a good job that's all that really matters. Hang in there sweetheart your still so young. Maybe they just don't want to loose your motivation and sit on your laurels.

Best Answer

Never in my 26 years.

Best Answer

im sorry...are they hard to please?

Best Answer

They're lousy parents. They don't talk about "feelings"

Best Answer

When I told my mom I'm planning on becoming a psych tech

Best Answer

i bet she'd say it again 1s you graduate

Best Answer

That's IF I graduate lol I still got 2 years to go and with this economy, I don't know if I'll be able to make it lol

Best Answer

stresses you out?lol i know how you feel...i even cry sometimes after exams...i call my bf afterwards crying(cos i don't even like my course) lol

Best Answer

Do they really say that sort of thing anywhere other than television?

Best Answer

they actually do...just a few

Best Answer

Never. It's a bit too late now. My mom is dead and my dad is almost 80.

Best Answer

im really sorry...but i believe your mom is still watching and taking good care of you...you used to be her little angel now she is your guardian angel

Best Answer