DavidTheFree DavidTheFree 26-30 16 Answers Mar 17, 2012

If you have paid your debt to society for whatever you were in prison for, perhaps you need to work on the debt you have to yourself. You may not feel free because you haven't forgiven yourself to be free. You should talk to a counselor or a person of your faith to help you get past your past. Your success in the future depends on you having a sober understanding (acceptance and forgiveness) of the events that lead up to your incarceration.

Best Answer

That is a long time to be in prison. You would obviously be affected by where you lived. You have been conditioned to think and feel a certain way. Watch Shawshank Redemption, say a prayer and move on. If it is bothering you after a year, then examine what it is that you don't feel comfortable about. Sometimes we imprison our mind and it takes a long time for us to believe that we are free.

Best Answer

When youre allowed going somewhere that your past isnt known might be a good idea. May God give you courage to stay strong.

Best Answer

You have been trained to feel fear,doubt,hate,anger. When you get out of prison all of this is still around you. Be aware of the people and things that keep your from feeling love,hope,freedom. Change your frequency to a higher one. Above fear and hate. Be the you you were when you were a child. Authentic self before they molded you to what you are now.

Best Answer

none of us feel truly free....i had 1 night in jail an just that experience really affected me...when i heard the song 'Bad boys' on Cops i would freak and have to turn it off, same with the Dog tv show....of couse i was going 2 court on a monthly basis...the whole court, judicial, penal system is created to break a person so you have to be strong and move on....if you can...travel..nothing like being on the open road. if not, make your freedom in your head and within the area you can live in.

Best Answer

I met a guy who felt like this too and he was sent to prison for a crime he did not commit. Just saying. I reckon you will feel normal and free, and comfortable when.....you allow yourself a little bit more time and maybe change your environment. Try and think differently - each time you catch yourself thinking something bad about yourself, replace it by another new, uplifting thought. Not easy. But worth a go.

Best Answer

Thinking positive or forgive them you will getting better :)

Best Answer

:,O I Thought Youh Said Youh Were Comfortable With me.... <3

Best Answer

if you truly are remorseful about the things you have done you must also have the courage to face what people will thought of you...but if you'll show them that you really change from worst for the better then you'll gain peoples trusts.

Best Answer

I agree with WinglessAngelMickie. Find some church where you can slip in the back pew. I would suggest an Evangelical church or Baptist. Try it out. I hope you feel free very soon. You're out, and making something more of yourself matters. All the best to you. God bless you. Seek Him, He'll help you.

Best Answer

It's different with everyone. Letting go is tough.....but it's the only option......time heals all.....

Best Answer

I've not been in prison anytime in my life, so my advice may seem quite stupid. All I can say is that you shoud keep trying. Without trying, there's not very much thing a man can do in his life.<br />
PS: May all the bad days have been passed. :)

Best Answer

I don't know how long you were in prison, but seems like to me it would take awhile to adjust. Are there like support groups for ex prisoners?

Best Answer

7 1/2 yrs. I don't think there are. Too many of us just go back in, bc life out here is no longer welcoming, no longer known... no longer home. Also, if we are still "on paper," (parole), we cannot be in contact (legally) with fellow felons.

Best Answer

About 30 years ago I worked in a prison for 3 years. Just working there had an effect on us employees. I was a secretary. I wish I knew what to tell you except keep giving it time. Good luck!

Best Answer

Learn to relax and forget the past.<br />
Its time to get on with your life now and make the best of it.<br />
No point staying at home all the time.<br />
Get out and be your normal self without breaking the law.

Best Answer