Im 17 and still in the closet (lesbian). My mother, father and grandmother know. As well as two good friends. However..Id like to scream it to the world at the top of my lungs. I haven't come out yet for fear of rejection by all the people I love. I told my current girlfriend I'd wait...but Im getting so stressed out.
inthecloset16 inthecloset16 16-17 4 Answers Oct 30, 2011

It really depends on the person. There isn't some universal rule. I know the feeling though. It's kind of like you feel that you are lying by not saying anything. I think you'll know when you can't take it anymore. My suggestion is try to wait for your girlfriend and after that, rather than tell everyone, just say you're lesbian if it comes up. Don't let it be on your mind every second, that will drive you nuts.

Best Answer

Why is it so important to scream it out to the world? You're always gonna feel some sort of rejection from people.

Best Answer

Yea, I've never felt the need to scream out to the world I love women, but then, I don't hide in closets either.

Best Answer

Its not literal..I just hate hiding who I am for the sake of others. So if screaming it to the world is what it takes to show people who I am. Then I will.

Best Answer

Sounds like you are screaming it to the world right now. Better step out before you start twitching or other side affects happen

Best Answer