Good god yes, then i say to myself that others in the group probably do too.<br />
Being in a group making small talk, thats all it is, small talk.<br />
Instead of feeling out of place focus on listening to what is going on and watch peoples body language, its really quite interesting.<br />
Tell yourself it doesnt matter if you join in, as you will if you want to or need to

Best Answer

I do around my in-laws, they don't like me and go out of their way to let me know it. I feel that way at church and at church functions. My family is poor and we wear hand me downs, I don't fit in because it seems like church has become a popularity contest and fashion show and I have never cared for either!

Best Answer

Oh yes. All the time. Especially when I'm in a group that is not of my choosing.<br />
I hate feeling like I need to say something that will help me 'fit in'. Bah! I don't want to do that but I don't want to talk about my interests either since I'm a bit of an eccentric. I think that they just wouldn't get me so I don't say much.

Best Answer

Yes, I have the same problem. I usually donโ€™t feel a part of a group and I feel like โ€œa fish on the frying panโ€.

Best Answer

All the time

Best Answer

Yes. I tend to feel a little "out of place". But I recognize that for the childhood issue it is and just try to deal with it accordingly. :)

Best Answer

sometimes this happens to me

Best Answer

yep ... family parties

Best Answer

yes.. then i avoid the group

Best Answer