I know part of it is the rain and the gloom outside. Plus it's chilly, but sleep is the only relief.
Vessa Vessa 41-45, F 13 Answers Apr 24, 2010

i relate to this question loads.i suffer depression and i isolate,which is worse,all i do is sleep,i never want to be in waking life.my pain dies when i go asleep.ive done it for so long it has become a habit or addiction.i never thought there could ever be someone else out there who sleeps as much as me.... now i carry alot of guilt through my sleeping addiction.

Best Answer

yes.. that is one of the symptoms.

Best Answer

Sleep? Not really. I rather like the gloom of a rainy day. I just want the depression to go away (but it never does).

Best Answer

No, I want to get out & burn up my emotions. Shopping therapy is a good thing.

Best Answer

I have looked into the subject of depression and it's not a fixed state of mind; the condition is fluid, it waxes and wanes. From my understanding depression causes sufferers to either feel sleepy or desire to sleep as a part of the depression.

Anyone can go through bouts of depression and it doesn't have to be a diagnosed depressed person and I have had times of feeling really down and wanted nothing other than to sleep. I think it's a natural state of being for those times we are depressed. I can certainly see how it could be said to be beneficial to sleep through severe bouts; it helps to rest the mind and helps us to unwind and relax when we are feeling down. Consider it being the mind telling the body it wants to rest?

That's what I think ... (IMHO) :-)

(I hope you are back on form soon!)

~F~

Best Answer

For sure- it's easier to "cope", when I can just sleep thru it.

Best Answer

I dont get depressed,but when i get down i tend to sit around,lazy,and of course i dont eat.but normally its only a couple of hours.

Best Answer

I dread waking up

Best Answer

no, i want to slash and burn

Best Answer

Yes, thats what I like to do so I don't have to listen to everything thats going around in my head, or I think I would go crazy.

Best Answer