I tend to withdraw most of the time
lovelywings lovelywings 31-35, F 16 Answers Feb 7, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

we tend to compromise or come to some kind of agreement. No point in fighting or withdrawing. It doesn't work in the long run.

Best Answer

No talking. Only politeness. I sit here and read a book first page to last..then another...and another... >:)

Best Answer

It depends upon how important the outcome is. If it doesn't really matter in the long run, I let him have his way, but if I really care about something, I want to have a real discussion about it. Unfortunately what I've observed happen more often than not is that we discuss it, he'll agree with me, but then little if any change actually occurs.

Best Answer

i try to tell them WHY i disagree with them, if they are willing to listen to me instead of trying to argue, maybe, we wouldn't even end up in a fight. Otherwise, if it's just some petty trivial issues, i usually zip my mouth and withdraw.

Best Answer

Depends on what we're disagreeing about. I need a cool off period if it's something that I really care about. Then I'll talk with them about it.

Best Answer

withdraw, i hate fighting

Best Answer

If I had a partner, I'd try to communicate first. Second choice, fight. Third, withdraw. Fourth, back to the first.

Best Answer

We really don't fight. We talk things out.

Best Answer

I think you can figure out the answer to this

Best Answer

Speechless .... :-|

Best Answer

Press forward my attack!!

Best Answer

I believe in .. Pick and choose your fights. Only if it is really important to you do you take it to the max; otherwise don't even start because you will end up arguing and fighting all the time. Don't think of it as withdrawing, more of a passive /aggressive response. Whatever they want your not conceding just not complying.

Best Answer

Lol ..depends on occassion..sometimes i used to fight with him....because i used to know that its not going to benefit him..if i dont fight...<br />
sometimes i used to withdraw..because it was like beating a dead horse...<br />
sometimes we used to work together even....<br />
but guess we both mutually withdrew ourselves

Best Answer

We might have a shenanigans,but next morning we ALWAYS apologize to each other,and both take responsibility for whatever it was and carry on as if nothing occurred.

Best Answer

Neither. Both are pointless. Withdrawing initially to prevent things from escalating makes sense but ultimately both people need to accept the other persons opinion/position and feelings and compromise (if needed) or you don't have much of a relationship. At least, not a healthy one.

Best Answer