ManiacalTom ManiacalTom 31-35, M 5 Answers Mar 8 in Community

I don't believe there is such a thing as true freedom in this world; as long as there are others who are still oppressed, imprisoned and killed because of what they believe, true freedom means nothing. My fellow man or woman or child suffers, i suffer that pain, too.

Best Answer

Indeed you are right. I was more referring to freedom of mind. :-)

Best Answer

Crazy. If I did not care at all, I would not care or notice if I was free or chained. I just wouldn't care.

Best Answer

Yes. But not caring is also much freedom. :-)

Best Answer

? ? ?

Best Answer

Hopefully one day you shall understand. :-)

Best Answer

Freedom is found in God's Spirit. "For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (2 Corinthians 3:17)

Best Answer

I maybe believe in God still, but the Bible I do not.

Best Answer

Then HOW do you get to know God??

Best Answer

The Bible was written by men. It has definitely had stuff added and removed to control the masses. It is full of contradictions. Also the New Testament says that we can now speak to the lord directly, through prayer. You can talk to him directly.

Best Answer

You've "bought" a lie concerning the credibility of the Bible and it being "used to control the masses" (give me a break!). And, if you think it's full of contradictions, that just means you haven't studied it enough. The Bible is a book that points to God from cover to cover. If you read it with the purpose of learning who God is you won't be disappointed. I Corinthians 13 tells us the definition of the word Love. And in I John 4:8 we're told that God is Love. Too many people give in to the temptation of concluding that God is a bully, or distant, etc. BUT, if we use I Corinthians 13 as a starting point, then any conclusion that doesn't make Him out to be loving is a lie from satan. Lastly, I'm familiar with prayer, but it, too, has to be rooted in knowledge from the Bible.

Best Answer

Yes, God is Love. God created love. Love is love, and he created us all in his image. I have read the Bible twice cover to cover. I don't understand it all, but people have pushed me away. I started to think and question. Like the Bible speaks against ******, yet in the beginning there was Adam and Eve and then their 3 sons. Where did everyone else come from?

Best Answer

That IS a TOUGH question, and I'm not going to say I have a good answer. Maye God omitted some detail because He ultimately wants us to trust HIM and not our knowledge. Hebrews 11:6 reads, "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." Don't NOT seek Him because of missing answers to questions that are not essential to eternal life.

Best Answer

And how modern "Christians" want to point fingers and spread hate. The ignore the sins they wish and condemn those they choose, yet anyone of these things we both speak of could have been added to the translations to control the masses. You have to admit the power and money of this religion. Such as the Pope. The Bible says to live a humble life and spend your time speaking the word and bringing people to him, yet the Pope lives in a city of Gold!!!!! They hate gays because of the old testament that says they should be put to death, yet it also says those who don't obey the sabbath shall be put to death, and no modern American "Christian" obeys that one, but they ignore that one. They should line up with the rest of us.....wait, then that would leave no "Christians" left. They hate, yet even Jesus accepted a prostitute to wash his feet in oil even when everyone else tried to hate and send her away. They ignore the fact that divorce is wrong, and that if you marry someone who has been divorced then that is adultry, which is breaking one of the ten commandments, or that if a woman is impure when she is married, then she shall be put to death, but yet they ignore that one too. Oh and what did Jesus himself say about homosexuality? Nothing. Yes, not a word. It was the humans how spoke of it. Humans. The same people who created decons and gave structure to church after Jesus brought it all down and said you just have to speak to God yourself, you don't have to see the high priest anymore. God who created us all, the way he wanted us, and he created love, and he is love, so I can't see how he would condemn us for love. Sorry, but I went off there.

Best Answer

Is your background catholic?

Best Answer

No. But in my opinion christian is christian. The Bible is what christians follow. He allows what he wants to allow to happen. Doesn't mean the Bible is all accurate. Many things can be a test.

Best Answer

Modern "christinas" are such hippocrates and don't truly understand the book they hold in such high esteem. I just don't know what to think anymore.

Best Answer

Christians follow Christ. The Bible is necessary to learn of Christ, and God's plan. The problem with doubting ANY of the Bible is then deciding what is trustworthy and what isn't; I have to accept the whole thing! Otherwise, I'd have to reject the whole thing. I don't see a middle ground.

Best Answer

Do you mean like when feel like we have nothing to lose and nothing to gain?

Best Answer

That is definitely part of it, yes. :-)

Best Answer

Yes I kind of feel like that right now..it is liberating but it takes a lot of courage and strength to not care.

Best Answer

Like coming out at 34 years of age after a lifetime of being closeted.

Best Answer

Wow.. I can imagine how liberating it can be..

Best Answer