LizTaylor LizTaylor 18-21, F 6 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in Broken Hearts & Betrayal

When I let negative thoughts consume me, yes. More often than not this manifests in my dreams. The last dream I had of my father was this: I was on the phone with this guy who told me that my dad was feeling very lonely when he died, and he told me to go to this case that held notes from my dad. He had me pick them out and he read them. I almost yelled at him to say something at one point, when I realized he was choking up because he felt so bad for my father. When I woke up, I felt.... a deep sense of disappointment in myself as a daughter. I cried. "I didn't make the time for him", I thought to myself. "Could I have tried harder". BUT I find it more productive and more realistic to think that my father would NOT want me wasting my life pining after what could be, and that he would want me to go on and be happy. I don't have to think of him every single second to know that I loved him. Heck, we don't think about the LIVING that often. It's life, we divide our time between many loved ones.

Best Answer

That's how I feel

Best Answer

A loved one's memory remains with us. Not thinking about them only means you're moving on with your life. Your loved one would want that for you.

Best Answer

no because if i did i'd be thinking of them.. there fore i have thought of them there fore i don't have to feel as if i was betraying them besides all the family i've lost lately i haven't not thought of so far....

Best Answer

No when they were alive did you have such rules about thinking about people.Grief must be allow to rest...you can't miss forever too painful. after a while it becomes with love I remember

Best Answer