If I were to travel I would most definitely! Just the same as I would expect the same respect back in return....
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 17 Answers Dec 5, 2012 in Travel

I've only been in two countries that I would consider as being different; Viet Nam and Thailand. I only learned enough to get by, of which I can now only remember a couple of words. <br />
I've been to Canada and Mexico. I could speak Spanish, very well. I didn't need to learn a different language in my trips to Canada. So travel within those countries was easy.

Best Answer

Yes.I call it "social language" eg hello.goodbye,pleased to meet u ,u have a wonderful country. I really like it.

Best Answer

There are too many languages and my brain is too limited. I trust in pictures and pick up what I feel I might need.

Best Answer

I picked up a bit of Mandinka in West Africa. That is my husband's tribal language. They roll their r's, like the French and I've never been able to do that. Ooh, they had a good laugh. :)

Best Answer

I'll have a go, at least. I can get by with schoolboy French when needed, know a bit of German and a tiny bit of Spanish.<br />
Next year I am hoping to visit Russia, so far the only Russian words I know are several swear words...... need to brush up on it! lol

Best Answer

You seen a movie "The Terminal" he was fkd just cause of language :P

Best Answer

I try to learn at least a few words and phrases such as Hello, how are you? please, thank you, bye, see you, What's your name and where are you from etc. and a few important words that I want to buy, I usually take a phrase book with me and a note book, I mean the excitement of travelling is trying to make yourself understood in another language and getting to know the people who live there. I love learning languages anyway.

Best Answer

yes I try to learn how to say welcome words when in different country...its not possible to learn a lot though as stay is generally for a week or so...

Best Answer

Try to learn the local language.

Best Answer

I make an attempt to know/learn their culture and customs so as not to offend anyone.

Best Answer

Dos cervasas por favor.

Best Answer

Trying to gain knowledge is better than walking around like a fool

Best Answer

Exactly!

Best Answer

Definitely. <br />
I try to learn at least Hello, thank you and how to count so you can bargain in the markets.

Best Answer

I wouldn't even consider learning anyone elses language, customs or values. I speak English so everyone I encounter should too damnitt! The few rare times I do **** around with a foreign language I always intentionally butcher it as hideously as possible to maximize my insultingness...then I bust out laughing at anyone who gets angry about it.... And this food stuff! What is this French food in France, Italian food in Italy!?...boooooorrrringggg ...Where are the damn burgers, Jack!?! , pizza and tacos in Greece...damn well better have a Taco Hut within a spit from the Colliseum!....or is the Collisium in Germany...Oh, who cares...a ruin is a ruin and its all the same: in dire need of urban renewal....bulldoze those stupid columns with no roof and build a Home Depot! ..... Anyway, I make fun of the food these foreigners eat...often in public...yep, in a restaurant I'll cut in where someone is eating and stick my fingers in their face and actually in their food then lick my finger then feign gagging and spitting then say something crude and rude about their food...then laugh at them again and make that face of a stupid person...suggesting that they are the stupid faced person...and these clowns that try to tell ME when I can and cannot cross the street...nonsense...I grew up with streets here in the U.S. and I'll cross whenever I want to...wherever I want to! I'm American damnitt, people need to stop for me if they know what's good for 'em! .And forget about tipping anybody outside the U.S.....they don't deserve any tip, their socialist governments give them everything...ripped one in The Vatican...shoulda seen the sour look on that red-robed conehead wearing dude with the fake walking stick...haaa, what a dweeb!...-;)

Best Answer