Did you just gradually grow apart? Have a good story about this one? Still have many High School friends?
mintkiss mintkiss 22-25, F 24 Answers May 30, 2012

Honestly, even though I don't really talk to them at all anymore because we've all gone our separate ways, my high school friends are the only true people in my life who have been there since day one.

I've met so many people since then, and lost so many people as well.

Time and distance doesn't mean **** because we end up picking up right where we left off when we see each other.

Best Answer

Yes, it is true! Everyone goes their seperate ways after graduation. The only true friends you have from high school will still keep in touch with you after you graduate.

Best Answer

Yes you do. People grow and grow apart, but with true friends from High School, no matter how long it has been, you can pick up right where you left off, although it does take some getting used to.

In our world today its so hard to find people who wish to truly be friends because so many things are pulling at us for our attention. People are very stingy with their time and that is kind of sad, because one would think with technology and all the time saving device we now have we would have more time for each other. The opposite is true.

Best Answer

False. I knew they were phonies by senior year!

Best Answer

It's not that cut and dried but for the most part true. You both need to make the effort as in any relationship and therefore the truer friend will make more of an effort to stay in touch. Otherwise it's just the people your familiar with and are convenient and likeable. Not necessarily true friends.

Best Answer

I MOVED AWAY BUT MY BEST FRINED IS THE COUNTY CORONER!! IM SO PROUD OF HER AND SHE MARRIED THE HEAD OF THE POLICE FORCE GOD HE H=GOE THE BEST BLOW WHEN I WENT UP BUT TECHNICALLY THAT GIVES ME ALOT OF POWER IN PHILLY AND MY GARY IS ALWAYS MY 11 FRIEND TO INFINTY

Best Answer

False. You never know, who your true friends are, untill you desperatly need each other. Outside my family, I have only one friend, who has withstood the test of time. Each of us would drop everything, or give anything to help the other. We may go years between contacts, but the bond is still there, it was forged many years ago. We both give willingly, but ask as a last resort. We didn't meet untill our mid 40's.

There is no one from high school I can call a friend.

Best Answer

I do still have some friends from HS.... They were folks who hit maturity faster and were very stable and loving to begin with. "True" friends come with maturity and time. Young peeps coming out of HS usually haven't even come to know who THEY are yet much less how to be a deep and abiding friend to anyone else!! Folks need time to grow and learn. So I say... FALSE... You have to have a really firm grasp of who YOU are before you can be a true friend to anyone else... :)

Best Answer

True. then you learn that again after college. And again after you get married and have kids. Very few people are true friends that will stick with you through life. Most will bail eventually as you age and mature.

Best Answer

I'm still (more or less) in touch with all of my best friends from high school. some I'm close with, some I see once a year or so. But we all get along great and haven't grown apart at all. Just moved away and we're crpa at keeping in touch.

Best Answer

False. Unless the people u grew apart from burned a bridge. Life changes, u move on dosn't mean u can't turn back and catch up.

Best Answer

In 15 years, if you still have any friends left from high school, you will treasure them. My bff and I have been so for 17 years.

Best Answer

Friends? WTF?

LOL

Best Answer

True.

Best Answer

False....just because you grow apart doesn't mean they weren't your true friends at some point.

Best Answer

true absolutely, when i was in school i thought i had at least 20 decent friends, now i have a job and work unsociable hours i have about 5 best mates who i always see without fail.

Best Answer

100% true

Best Answer

false

Best Answer

True

Best Answer

Honestly its situational it has a lot to do with circumstances if you are from a small town you probably will remain in that town and continue to know the same people. But if you go to college somewhere out of town or move somewhere far away then you will be less likely to see said friends. I personally dont even remember half the people that went to my high school, which is funny because I graduated like 8 months ago.

Best Answer