Personally, I don't believe in setting an arbitrary time on something that does not have one. A couple gets engaged because they want to be married not because they want to eventually get married. If you say a year, would it be spoiled at 11 months or too late at 13? It would have no bearing on the outcome what so ever.<br />
How about letting the circumstances determine the time for you? Get engaged and start planning your wedding. If you want to have a big to-do, you will likely have to wait over a year for the church and reception reservation anyway so there you go.

Best Answer

then length of time is unimportant...if you have the same goals...can't not ever see yourself without waking up or going to bed without them...and they make you the best you can be and you do the same for them...then decided where you want to be married...that has more to do with it then anything cause depending on what you want it can be 2 weeks to 2yrs... Good Luck to you both :)

Best Answer

6 months, I would think. Enough time to see each other at your best, and more importantly, your worst. But if you really love each other, Deciding to marry is a great, loving committment. And you're right about the engagement lasting a year... you'll be glad you did.. and those helping you will be too. You get a whole year to plan! And that's a big part of the fun.

Best Answer

Me and my boyfriend have been together 6 years total, 2 of the years we lived eaither at his dads house or mine, then the last 3 we've had out own apartment. I've slept next to him every night for about 5 years, In that time, I've though we might not end up together for ever, right now it don't seem to bad... I still don't know for sure, LoL

Best Answer

Why wait?

Best Answer

Is it it the point of marriage? For me it was the other way. First marry, and then live together.

Best Answer

Ever couple has a different idea... whatever you two agree on is fine, there is no "rule"

Best Answer

If you both want to marry each other and you already are living together and sharing everything, I see no reaon to wait at all.

Best Answer