Cause I have and its doing my head in
Gemzaayy Gemzaayy 26-30, F 12 Answers Nov 27, 2012 in Health

When you cut down or quit smoking, it is normal to get a cough. Our bodies are a wonderful thing. Our lungs are continually trying to heal even when you are smoking full-time. So when you go without a few the tar build up begins to come loose from the walss of your lungs and that's what causes you to cough. When you quit entirely, it can take a few weeks to quit coughing up old damaged lung tissue and tar build up. I quit in May of this year and I have to say my breathing has never been better. I love the smell of smoke when my daughters are smoking, but have no desire to smoke another cigarette again. Because I never realized just how little fresh air I was actually getting into my body as a smoker. Good Luck! It's hard to quit but it is so worth it.

Best Answer

Thanks that really helps :-)

Best Answer

It is normal - good luck, you will make it - quit for good!

Best Answer

Thankyou... Im gonna try laters :-)

Best Answer

Probably right after you get all the stuff out of your lungs that has been building up. Especially if you are a heavier smoker.

Best Answer

I was... like 30+ a day *eek* sooo yeah

Best Answer

How many are you down too? I give you credit. One thing that was big for me was, NO GUILT. If you decide to smoke a cigarette, smoke it and enjoy it. Every one you don't smoke gives your lungs a chance. Good Luck

Best Answer

Im down to 15 now... probaly more today but thats just a blip and theyre smoked so I cant do anything bout it now... but I did it in one go so Im pleased with that!!! Gonna get down to 10 next!!!

Best Answer

Yes and it goes away after a few weeks to a month depending on how long you smoked for. It will go away tour body is just getting rid of the garbage. Your breathing will improve taste and smell also come back. I quit last year and I hacker up nasty crap for three weeks but then it stopped

Best Answer

Thanks :-) 15 years :O and Im still smoking just heaps less... well done on stopping!!!

Best Answer

It will calm down I cut back first then just stopped but it will get better. Good luck

Best Answer

Thankyou thats what Im trying to do :-)

Best Answer

The first week is the hardest I used lollipops for the hand to mouth motion and then when cravings got bad I used mouth wash. Also those electronic cigarette are great for bad cravings they helped my husband quit. You can do it!!!

Best Answer

Thats helpful thanks :-)

Best Answer

although it's not common - some people find that they seem to cough more than normal soon after they stop smoking and the cough is usually temporary and may actually be a sign that your body is healing.

Best Answer

Ooo thanks... and i aint even stopped yet *eek*

Best Answer

Its mind over matter <br />
You will be better in the long run

Best Answer

I know :-)

Best Answer

Mine disappeared almost instantly but I have heard that said before.

Best Answer

Lucky :-)

Best Answer