NO...You stand a much greater chance of being struck by lightning sitting on the beach !

Best Answer

all the time thats why a swim out a lil then come right back to shore lol

Best Answer

I have thalassophobia so that is out of the question for me. It may be an acute case but just I would still be terrified.

Best Answer

We have a lot of fishermen here. When they report seeing one no one goes in the water. When they don't we don't worry so much.

Best Answer

yes. i've seen too many aerial photos showing sharks around area beaches

Best Answer

yes. I don't like sharks, barracudas etc... i've not swam in the oceans much, but when I have I'm afraid of them... I'm afraid of heights too. I was snorkeling in the Bahamas one time and there seemingly right in front of me were two barracudas... frightened me enough to get out of the water right then... I'd seen, as luck would have it, a news story on like a good morning amercia show or something similar about two men who were fishing in a good sized boat, like a 35 footer, with a bedroom below, shower etc... and had a flybridge too... they were on the back of the boat fishing and a barracuda jumped OUT of the water and up by them. the man was bandaged head to toe like a mummy while talking to us on this morning show and he wasn't even in the water with the barracuda but up on his nice, big expensive fishing boat and he was still torn to pieces by the barracuda... so I watched that show and then went to the bahamas and there were two barracudas right in front of me... my friends laughed at me as when I made it to shore I kept my swim fins on my feet and walked funny on the shore while wearing them... I provide many laughs for them then and throughout the years as they loved retelling that story many times...

Best Answer

No, not when my son is around.

Best Answer

I never ever go in the ocean, there are nasty things in there...

Best Answer

Nope. As long as you don't swim at night your fine.

Best Answer

Why is that?

Best Answer

Surfers get taken during the day all the time.

Best Answer

Around the beaches were I live sharks tend to swim closer to the shore during dawn dusk and night. Sharks aren't usually seen during the day more commonly at night.

Best Answer