So basically I told my ex ' I love you ' and I paused for a moment waiting for him to say it back since that how it usually goes. Then I told him 'Do you love me?' and he said 'well you already know it so I don't know why I should already tell you again'. I'm not sure if he meant it in a nice way but I took it a little offensive because it's so simple to say I love you when you obviously do love them. I don't get it. I asked him and he just throws the question out. I get that saying it too much can be annoying but I just wanna make sure I don't put myself in the past problems that we've had.
Aubreyyy Aubreyyy 22-25, F 10 Answers Jan 6, 2011

If someone reacted like that to my declaration of love, I WOULD feel insecure! And, I suspect, he likes it that way. Insecure people try very hard to please. <br />
If you are feeling insecure, maybe there's a good reason.

Best Answer

no..it doesn't have to mean that.<br />
I don;t tell someone i love them..and expect them to say it back..i say it because i want too..just to let them know i'm feeling it.<br />
Speak your own feelings..when and if they're feeling it..they'll tell you when they want to express it.<br />
This love stuff is not always easy.

Best Answer

I dislike when I love you is said in a way that requires a reply. If it's in the moment and it's expressed that's good but will get ackward if you sit there waiting for the "I love you too". It is not the same as you saying I love you at a different moment. Never ask 'do you love me' unless you are ready for a negative answer, and almost always it never is expected as a negative.

Best Answer

Maybe he's really close to loving you, but not quite there? Is there a 'love quantity' and once you pass a certain amount of affection, you love the person? I don't know, I'm just guessing.

Best Answer

I agree with BrainyBlonde honestly.....

Best Answer

No, "I don't love you" means that they don't love you. Sometimes saying "I love you" annoys me if it happens too much. If you want to affirm your love then you need to do a lot more than just say it.

Best Answer

I think your ex soon will print multiple copies of page with list of your questions and list of his answers to avoid unnecessary repetition :)

Best Answer

Best Answer

Geez, he's your ex. Grow up. Love isn't a game. Is this really love? Does your heart scream his name? Does your soul tell you that this is the one? Can you live a day without hearing his voice or at least texting him? Would you sacrifice your soul for him, without hesitation? Ask yourself these questions and re-think things.

Best Answer

Well sometimes a person really don't want to say they love you they'll rather SHOW it instead;)

Best Answer