Yes to all 3. Please don't give me any **** about my answer.

Best Answer

Why do you think I would do that?

Best Answer

I wasn't talking to you specifically, just anyone in general. I don't want to hear a bunch of **** about why I'm stupid for what I believe.

Best Answer

Faith and intelligence are not intertwined.

Best Answer

My entire family is Catholic and I used to pray and believe in everything I was praying for and to. When I started my religion degree at school I quickly became unsure of a lot of things, started reading all the time on religions and their history, decided I should be an agnostic atheist because in my opinion it is the most realistic thing to be. My family doesn't like me much now.

Best Answer

Has your family had a conversation with you about it?

Best Answer

They try and force me to go to church, like literally yelling at me every Sunday morning. I go rarely, usually I will sit outside and enjoy nature or just drive around. I wish they would talk to me about it but they basically just told me I am stupid for not doubting what the Bible says.

Best Answer

*for doubting

Best Answer

I think it would benefit you and them if you sat them down and told them your beliefs.

Best Answer

I have tried on multiple occasions but they never listen to me. It's always like, "what's wrong in your head that you don't believe in God" and stuff like that. It just becomes an insult fest focused on me.

Best Answer

Then it's probably best if you don't listen to them at all. I wouldn't go to church or respond if they shout at you. Calmly reaffirm them that you're not religious and don't wish to waste your time on religious things. Change the subject. If they insult you, have a script like, "Mom/Dad, I understand you're upset, but I am not a Catholic. Please stop talking to me about Catholic beliefs." and leave if they won't stop.

Best Answer

I guess I could do that but they are very insistent. It won't go over well and hasn't in the past. I wish I could move out but my current job/school situation won't allow it.

Best Answer

If you are still living at home and working/going to school, it might be best if you remain silent and do not respond whenever they talk about Catholicism or God.

Best Answer

No. We weren't a religious family. In hindsight, there is no harm in praying, but when you have an atheist father, its not an activity that jumps to the forefront.

Best Answer

Yes, yes, and no.

Best Answer

Yes Yes No

Best Answer

I was told to believe in him when I was younger but I wasn't sure. Maybe he does but I doubt he exists as the Bible says. ie an alien

Best Answer

Yes yes. My prayers probably sound like finger nails on a chalk board to God, but I pray once in a while.

Best Answer

I wonder if God ever begs us for our prayers as people beg to have a savior.

Best Answer

I don't know. My beliefs have become quite heretical through the years.

Best Answer

Yes/Yes

Best Answer

Yes. :)

Best Answer

Yes yes and yes. Without him God we are nothing.

Best Answer

No. Yes. Yes.

Best Answer

Very much

Best Answer

i did pray when i was 3 but that wasnt enough to do me any harm

Best Answer

I do not remember praying to God as a child but as an adult I came to learn about Jesus and God and yes I pray.

Best Answer

Correction: I was forced to believe in god, I had no choice. But then by his grace, he made me an atheist.

Best Answer

Interesting. Were you always skeptical or was there a moment it occurred to you it wasn't your beliefs?

Best Answer

The more I mentally matured, the more I grew skeptical about a presence of a deity..as I learnt to disobey and think on my own without being influenced, I could see things much better..
The truth is, if a god exists, he appears before me, I won't worship him.

Best Answer

Yes, yes and no.

Best Answer