No and no, my parents were cold and distant on their best days, abusive on their worst. I learned to love and be loved from others.

Best Answer

I grew up with my mother... if I had lived with my father, my life would have been much happier<br />
and much safer<br />
I would have loved to have been hugged

Best Answer

No hugs, kisses or cuddles for me as a kid and I just craved it as I got older, when I got my first girl friend who loved to hug and kiss I thought I was in heaven, now years later find I need it constantly.

Best Answer

Nonot at all...affection was never shown..I went to the extreme with my children. The first thing and the last thing i say to them now is "I love you" and mean it. My daughter in law and son live in austria. She does not show emotion and does not understand my need to hug..

Best Answer

well, parents were users also(drugs). It feels like I used to have to beg them for affection/clothes/food. And now, they wonder why I am so short tempered with them. <br />
My mother wouldnt make food, and she wouldn't let me make it either, because she said that I made too much noise in the kitchen. But she was trying to sleep cause all she did was pop vicoden and sleep all day. <br />
My mother used to squeeze my arms till you could see the little fat pockets that everyone has, and tell me I was fat. Now I am affraid of being fat. So I don't eat, and since I am grew up not eating anyway, I don't even think about it, thats scares me.

Best Answer

Never did to me or the rest of the siblings. I was considered the black sheep and was committed to a mental hospital for 2 years as a kid of about 9. She never did like me.

Best Answer

Nope! I was the Kid, they were the Daddy and Mommy, so they said. I always thought they were the Masters of my Selflessness. And, they both said I was an "Individualist", and a "Non Conformist", even as a child. But, that was the good parts of it all.

Best Answer

Nope never.

Best Answer

Yes. I imagine it is one reason I'm so caring. They taught me by example and by directives.

Best Answer

Yes they hugged me and told me they loved me not only when I was a child but all of my life. And they showed it in their other actions also.

Best Answer

Hell no! I would have bit their lip.

Best Answer

no never ...i cant really remember any kind or encouraging words from anyone in my family

Best Answer

They referred to me as "the problem child". There was absolutely no physical contact.

Best Answer

My parents never hugged me, I know they love me. People can be loved without hugs.

Best Answer

No but they were steady and warm

Best Answer

they would punch me in the face.

Best Answer

They told me, and they showed it by their actions.

Best Answer

when I was a child yes my mom and grandparents did. But when I got to be a teenager it was a lot less. And now that I am an adult I really avoid hugging them, it is so awkward, for me at least. Maybe I'm just weird, I don't know.

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

My mom was a drug addict and all she did was stay in her room "SICK" playing nintendo!

Best Answer