AliceThroughTheLookingGlass AliceThroughTheLookingGlass 31-35, F 24 Answers Aug 12, 2012 in Food

According to service. I am obligated to pay the bill, but I am not obligated to tip.

Best Answer

the standard is actually lower....I always tip based on service and personality..my standard is at least 20-25% and then go from there..but i will always leave at least 10% as that is what they are taxed on....I work in the restaurant business and know there are times that server(waitress) has to put up with crap from the guests and keep a smile on there face then get nothing in tips, that is plain rude......if you can't afford to leave a tip then don't go out to eat....go to mcdonalds where you belong

Best Answer

i only tip if its deserved :D and i'm one picky motherf*$#@%!

Best Answer

we dont usally give any tips here in this copuntry, ttehy allreddy have it in there selley:-)

Best Answer

Having waited and bartended for years, anything less than 20% for good service is rather insulting. We make on average 2 to 3 dollars per hour. The only reason we get that pittance is so it can be taken back in taxes. I rarely saw a paycheck for more than a few dollars. We make our money on tips alone.

Best Answer

Big boobs and a nice smile = good tip ;)

Best Answer

I give tip according to service especially when the crew serving you serves you with a genuine smile and when I could sense they are loving what their doing then I'd give them more than what they expect for. And NO WAY, I would never ever give a penny to lame services.

Best Answer

I usually just go with 20% cause the math is easier.

There might have been a time when I've left a paltry tip due to bad service, but I don't remember off hand.

Best Answer

I tip 15-20%, depending. But I have accidentally tipped less and accidentally not tipped at all.

Best Answer

I tip according to service. If all's good - 10%, if not, I leave nothing.

Best Answer

i tip according to service. if they are great, i have no problem giving 20-25%

but if they suck, i also give them very very little.

Best Answer

Country specific. In Australia, UK or wherever, (where we pay them a decent wage), I tip great service, usually about 10%, but sometimes higher.

In the US or Canada, I always do 10%. Is that low?

Best Answer

In america its about 15% is expected.

Best Answer

That is low. 20% is the usual for good service.

Best Answer

Ouch. They must have been loving me.

Best Answer

What I mean is, 15% is expected as standard for standard/average service. I tip according to service & the total bill. Even with poor service I have a hard time going below 15% or leaving less than a $5 on $20 or less bill.

Best Answer

All depends on the service

Best Answer

i tip in the 20-25% range usually rounded up if service is better than average. If service is subpar i tip 10% since they get taxed on that amount. if i get horrible service i place 2 pennies on the table.

Best Answer

Here the rue-of-thumb is 10%, but I might give more for exceptional service. I am so glad we do not have this 'tipping culture' here

Best Answer

The better the service the more the tip...I always leave something but sorry service you will get a buck...

Best Answer