AliceThroughTheLookingGlass AliceThroughTheLookingGlass 31-35, F 25 Answers Aug 12, 2012 in Food

According to service. I am obligated to pay the bill, but I am not obligated to tip.

Best Answer

the standard is actually lower....I always tip ba<x>sed on service and personality..my standard is at least 20-25% and then go from there..but i will always leave at least 10% as that is what they are taxed on....I work in the restaurant business and know there are times that server(waitress) has to put up with crap from the guests and keep a smile on there face then get nothing in tips, that is plain rude......if you can't afford to leave a tip then don't go out to eat....go to mcdonalds where you belong

Best Answer

i only tip if its deserved :D and i'm one picky motherf*$#@%!

Best Answer

we dont usally give any tips here in this copuntry, ttehy allreddy have it in there selley:-)

Best Answer

Having waited and bartended for years, anything less than 20% for good service is rather insulting. We make on average 2 to 3 dollars per hour. The only reason we get that pittance is so it can be taken back in taxes. I rarely saw a paycheck for more than a few dollars. We make our money on tips alone.

Best Answer

Big boobs and a nice smile = good tip ;)

Best Answer

I give tip according to service especially when the crew serving you serves you with a genuine smile and when I could sense they are loving what their doing then I'd give them more than what they expect for. And NO WAY, I would never ever give a penny to lame services.

Best Answer

I tip 15-20%, depending. But I have accidentally tipped less and accidentally not tipped at all.

Best Answer

I tip according to service. If all's good - 10%, if not, I leave nothing.

Best Answer

i tip according to service. if they are great, i have no problem giving 20-25%<br />
but if they suck, i also give them very very little.

Best Answer

Country specific. In Australia, UK or wherever, (where we pay them a decent wage), I tip great service, usually about 10%, but sometimes higher. <br />
In the US or Canada, I always do 10%. Is that low?

Best Answer

In america its about 15% is expected.

Best Answer

That is low. 20% is the usual for good service.

Best Answer

Ouch. They must have been loving me.

Best Answer

What I mean is, 15% is expected as standard for standard/average service. I tip according to service &amp; the total bill. Even with poor service I have a hard time going below 15% or leaving less than a $5 on $20 or less bill.

Best Answer

All depends on the service

Best Answer

i tip in the 20-25% range usually rounded up if service is better than average. If service is subpar i tip 10% since they get taxed on that amount. if i get horrible service i place 2 pennies on the table.

Best Answer

Here the rue-of-thumb is 10%, but I might give more for exceptional service. I am so glad we do not have this 'tipping culture' here

Best Answer

The better the service the more the tip...I always leave something but sorry service you will get a buck...

Best Answer

I typically tip around 15%-20% for decent servers. I always tip even with poor service, but I'll give 10% to the worst servers. Recently I had a waitress who was very friendly, but so scatterbrained, spilled a glass of water across our table, kept forgetting to give us plates for appetizers then entree, never refilled our waters, didn't write our orders down but then came back to re-ask what our orders were after leaving and forgetting, etc. It was a mess so I only tipped 10%.

Best Answer