Steve50Says Steve50Says 46-50, M 13 Answers Feb 21, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

There never have been any. That's just TV make believe. Have you ever known a woman to vacuum her house wearing pearls? Me neither.

Best Answer

in old sitcoms mostly.

Best Answer

working for a living, struggling to make ends meet.

getting thru the day on a steady diet of gin and prozac.

Best Answer

Like my mom: Dead.

Best Answer

i really do miss having women like them around, and the fifties and sixties were the best times. i guess that pretty much explains why our parents and grandparents had very long marriages.

Best Answer

i certainly would like to meet a real good woman like them nowadays, and they were the good old fashion, down to earth, stay at home mom, and they were certainly very committed to their men too.

Best Answer

In the imaginations of men who feel a bit unsettled about the changes that have happened in the past 50 years. And besides, women were never really like that. My grandmother was a 50s housewife, but she wore pants and smoked like a chimney. She hated housework, and later confessed to drinking in orderto getget through it w/o going crazy. The only part of being a housewife that she liked was the kids. She and my grandfather were not happily married. The "good old days" were not so good!

Best Answer

Left them behind with my childhood. What I want to know is did every mom of that time period think they had to wear high-heels all day to be the perfect wife and mother?

Nobody I knew.

Best Answer

My grandmas were like that pretty much...they weren't dolled up 24/7 though. It's generational...and the time has passed...

Best Answer

I guess they are where they should be waiting on Ward and Carl to find them and take them as their wives.

Best Answer

I know a lady named June and she reminds me of June Cleaver in just about every way except she doesn't wear a pearl necklace. Amazing

Best Answer