No real reason, just curious. I think it is illegal in the states, but my friend Jess wants to marry her g/f of 10 years... Canada maybe?
FolsomOrchid FolsomOrchid 26-30, F 7 Answers Feb 10, 2009

Canada is good, in the States there is Massachusetts and Connecticut so far. Other states have civil unions, The UK has only civil unions, too.<br />
In answer to some comments above, there are definite legal benefits to full marriage... property rights, benefits rights, visitation rights, adoption rights, etc. As long as marriage is denied, gays and lesbians will still be second class citizens. Separate but "equal" is inherently unequal. And the term "gay" for male homosexuals has been in use for over 100 years!

Best Answer

Why do gays want to be married anyway? Marriage is an institution formed to raise children. Marriage is between a male and female human. I believe tha a gay couple should be allowed every right others have, but being married is not a right. A gay married couple flies in the face of all rules we live by (to me they do)

Best Answer

why would they want to?

Best Answer

Why do you use the words gay/lesbians,when it should be homosexuals/lesbians?The word gay has nothing to do with sexuaity.

Best Answer

In New Zealand you can get a Civil Union - which gives exactly the same legal rights as a marriage (without using the word "marriage"). A lot of people have a wedding ceremony with a pastor and everything. It's not a big deal here at all. :)

Best Answer