Is it really worth taking it personally when someone makes jokes about your religion? All the major religions really preach forgiveness, do unto others as you would have done unto you, etc... So, the question is -- why take it personally? If you are a spiritual person, no matter what you believe in, what others say about it or think about it is THEIR belief; however misguided you might deem them. The best you can do to uphold your dignity, or defend your religion, is be the better person. Your faith should be your beacon -- not the political system installed by MAN that is the institution of religion itself.
Warren21 Warren21 22-25, M 16 Answers Sep 15, 2012 in Religion

many times ive come across offensive things being said and posted by ignorant people - but being a Hindhu is to be free and at peace - and to try to always make peace..so all i do is try to clear the air and then leave it to them to decide. its pointless arguing with people u dont care for since their opinions change nothing of what u think and believe in. and forcing people to believe in what u do doesnt work either :)

Best Answer

I make fun of my own blind eye, my ***** mother, my beliefs and my current broke *** lifestyle. About the only thing I take offense to is anyone picking on my friends ;-)

Best Answer

very well said. Jesus told the disciples to go to a city and spread their message, and if it wasn't received to leave the city and shake the dust off their feet. no need to defend the faith. just spread the message. our behavior is, oft times, our testimony. nice question btw.

Best Answer

Whatever hurts you and offends you does just that. Your feelings are not illegitimate. How you chose to react is the question. <br />
When I'm hurt or offended by someones carelessness I disappear. I never speak to them or come in contact with them again.

Best Answer

Very good point, I could have phrased the question better. I think the point still came across; thanks very much.

Best Answer

Well said! Wish it were. (Religion should be a beacon, not a political weapon)

Best Answer

It seems to depend on the religion, Christians hear jokes about JC biting his nails & they pray for the ignorant Muslims (yes a minority) use anything to go on a killing spree <br />
Most would accept the Christians are right but will things ever change no I doubt it

Best Answer

There are ignorant Christians just as much as there are ignorant Muslims. The point is that at the end of the day, faith is something that you take with you no? I have agree with you in that it is ignorance (which needs bear no other title) that people should be against, not necessarily the belief they carry.

Best Answer

Yes I can agree with that thanks

Best Answer

No, just ignore it and move on. It is what it is.

Best Answer

indeed it never should,,,, all religions are nothing more than the 'opiate of the masses' that Karl Marx most correctly described them as. I KNOW,, if there is a 'supreme being',,, by definition,,, God,, is above ALL human trivialities. Is it really rocket science to understand that GOD ,, would NOT pick favorites ?? To Buddists he's a obese asian,,, to jews and all christians he's a white guy w/ a beard who never fu_ked even 1 girl in 33 yrs of life ? How's bout dem Hindi's ?? God's somehow a fu_king COW ? get a grip all u tandorites,,, lol. Islam,,, wtf even knows exactly what their 'allah' looks like ?? I'm all good KNOWING that, again by definition,, there no 'god' that puts 1/2 of humanity below goats. And that brings me to Mitt the Twit,,,,, his 'god' was er,, 'discovered' by a unhappy 14 yo Britboy,, in like 1850,,, mormon 'god' lives on some 'hidden' planet kalabash or some such insane named planet. Folks it's the 21st century,,, do u all really need to wait to see our alien bros NOT look all Clark Kent like,, b4 u throw away idols ?<br />
We're born,, we live ,, we die,, that's it,, 1 way ticket to ride,,, My 'god' can't save me and not save YOU too,,,, that HAS TO BE THE NATURE OF ANY SUPREME BEING,,,, simply by definition,,,,

Best Answer

To lead a person you must follow what you believe. The offender is simply misguided, they in them selves are unsure how to live what they believe thus the outward response is to give you spite. If an offender want's acceptance they must also be accepting. You lead the offenders by still accepting them, that's how they learn to be accepting. Simple huh? That is my line, I just remain accepting and tolerant, there is never a reason to take offense but there is always a reason to teach. If they want tolerance and acceptance, then give it to them, overtime they will learn to return the favor.

Best Answer

Exactly. Ignorance is the enemy, not faith itself. Whether or not someone chooses to follow, or believes, is up to them. To each their own, right?

Best Answer