it doesnt-----but in the nursery rhyme book -mother goose-------there is a picture of him as an egg sitting on the wall===========

Best Answer

I know, they all have that, but why ? :o)

Best Answer

Its never mentioned about his insides being restored either. Guess that's why they're fairytale and nursery rhymes. About as real as music that utilizes it.

Best Answer

Who'd want their insides restored by horses anyway ? :o)

Best Answer

We dont know but the only thing that is certain is that both his parents were eggs, so it is assumed that he was too, I met his uncle once, he told me that some of the Kings men actually made an omlette out of Humpty, so technically they did put him back together again albeit without his shell.

Best Answer

You just made me hungry :o)

Best Answer

Your response worries me a little, are you or have you ever been one of the King's men who tried to put Humpty together again?

Best Answer

Cliff Claven from the old tv show CHEERS will know. Ill text him

Best Answer

Lol ! Please don't give him my name :o)

Best Answer

I didnt know if anyone would get that..lol. Remember he always knewall those stupid facts?

Best Answer

I remember. I loved that show. :o) He was so painful, though, wasn't he?

Best Answer

Oh god..i remember thinking he was such a nerd before i knew what cool was..musta been like ten.

Best Answer

He reminds me of a childhood friend's dad who used to subject the kiddies to long-winded, nasal lectures about the trivial and the bloody obvious. How we loved to hide his things. Poor man.

Best Answer

I think because it goes something like, "and they couldn't put humpty together again" maybe they just ASSUMED he was an egg cause you can't put that back together.....<br />
who knows

Best Answer

Not me, that's for sure.

Best Answer

If you WIKIPEDIA humpty dumpty it answers why they choose an egg :)

Best Answer

Is your caps lock broken, mate ? Thanks for the Wiki advice :o)

Best Answer

It could have just been a poor sap with bad bones and an unfortunate name. Great question.

Best Answer

Thanks, mate. Any idea where the egg idea came from ?

Best Answer

In the picture, next to the nursery rhyme...lol...jk. It would be nice to know when and how he became an egg. Also, how he got his name.

Best Answer

Bet he got teased at school with a name like that :o)

Best Answer

It is a given presumption,passed down from generation to generation that he is an egg,however is he a she?

Best Answer

Good point. Nowhere does it use a male pronoun (except in relation to the King). The egg would suggest a female.

Best Answer