There is a very interesting aspect of the conditioning that determines who we will love as adults known as the Westermarck Effect. You have provided evidence that "the line" is proactively crossed before 10 years of age,*inhibiting* the later development of sexual attraction.

Best Answer

Wow lol your the first person I've talked to about this with that's brought up the Westermarck Effect theory! That's awesome!

Best Answer

What do you think?I suspect it is reversible conditioning more than a kind of "imprinting". Better NOT swap any more boxers!

Best Answer

You did a great job of explaining your friendship. I would say don't worry about what anyone else has to say. Really, the only people that should have an opinion that matters regarding this are you, your SO and your friend. There are fine lines, but you have made it pretty clear what this friendship is to you. Again...don't worry about how others view this. Congrats on your engagement!!

Best Answer

Thanks :) I really want people to understand I'm NOT thinking about having one or are having one or anything like that. I love my SO with all my heart and then some but I'm honestly curious about where people say the line sits... I'm not worried about what people will say lol I'm just curious about what peoples "lines" are when it comes to being REALLY close or calling it an affair lol and thank you for the congrats :) I'm SO excited!! We've been on and off since I was 16 and I'll be 22 in March lol it's about damn time I think :P

Best Answer