AmzyIsHere AmzyIsHere 22-25, M 12 Answers Dec 10, 2013 in Doing Good

I was at work. I was measuring a bracket for the landing gear truck trailers use. One of the guys stopped in the lab and told us about it. Pretty much everyone stopped what we were doing and went to the break room to watch the news. 90% of the people working there; including the boss, were veterans. When your country is attacked with indiscriminate slaughter like that, work takes a backseat.

Best Answer

i didnt go to school for 2 days on a run.

Best Answer

I was in the center of nowhere working on a rig when a bit salesman showed up and told us newyork had been bombed and we was at war. That's the only information he had. I thought it was an all out invasion.

Best Answer

I'm not combatting the travesty of 9/11 or the impact it had, but really, it was 12 years ago. Where were you when Pearl Harbor was bombed or the US joined WW1 or 2? Where were you when we completely decimated two Japanese cities for now reason with atomic bombs? When will this question end? It happened, it's over. I don't mean to offend to those who may have lost loved ones for no reason but the US has done far worse to other countries.

Best Answer

While I don't agree with your sentiments I understand your point but let me explain one of the reasons why we should remember and why we should talk about it.

It has been said that if you don't remember the history you are doomed to repeat it. And while the US may or may not have done far worse things in our past it is up to us to remember what was done and take these lessons and learn from them so that we are not fated to making the same mistakes. Take your history, learn from it, move forward and make the world a better place.

Best Answer

And again, I'm not disregarding that term of forgetting history, all I'm asking is when was the last time you read or heard someone say "where were you when Pearl Harbor was attacked"? And my sentiments are, although not conveyed correctly, basically why are we sending thousands if not millions of troops far away from home when it may be best served to have them here to protect our borders. I know not gets into a lot of politics I never understood, just none of it makes any sense to me. Once again, I'm am truly not trying to offend and I do remember exactly where I was, I just see the US's history as a whole and not in chunks of this disaster or that.

Best Answer

u making me nostalgic. :'(

Best Answer

I have to be careful here because I don't discuss politics. But I do think it is important to remember and to talk about what happened. We need to understand what happened and how we reacted and to think about what we could have done better.

And to never forget the ones who lost their life and the sacrifices made.

Best Answer

No, absolutely I agree and don't worry I can't talk politics, I've stayed out of that arena all my life. Remembrance is always best. Just remember ALL that has happened, not just the recent.

Best Answer

I was at home, alone. I felt a deep anger, but no fear.

Best Answer

I was in kindergarten I believe

Best Answer

And now a princess.

Best Answer

Thanks?

Best Answer

y a question mark

Best Answer

I was at work and heard the news on the Lex & Terry. Then we all stood around the TV watching the towers fall and the office manager held my hand and mourned together.

Best Answer

I was in New Jersey, visiting my father. I was 14. I had a flight scheduled to take me back to Missouri the next day. That was canceled. Personally I found it normal and didn't see what the big deal was. People die every day. Tragedy happens all over the world. Just because we could see the smoke from our back yard for once didn't make it any more real than all the other tragedies all over the world that happen all the time.

It was actually a nice day for me. The entire country, including my own brother and his party friends were all just as introspective as I was, for once.

Best Answer

Did you buy a new jersey? Or was the old one still good?

Best Answer

:-|

Best Answer

all jokes today

Best Answer

I was 22, going to UNI, I got there at 9 am, I guess the attacks happend in the night, with the time difference, so I got to uni about 9 am and there were hundred of students in the cafeteria, watching the tv screens....I thought it was awesome, very fun to see the dumb americans get a taste of their own medicine :))))))))))

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

trolling are we?

Best Answer

No, dead serious...

Best Answer

In school hearing about it.

Best Answer

Oh.

Best Answer