prettytasty prettytasty 31-35, F 12 Answers Nov 16, 2010

I was actually in high school, but I left when the first plane hit the first tower. They tried to lock us in the school, but I was scared and wanted to leave. A friend of mine came to me asking for a ride home to her mom. I got on the highway to drop her off - I live here in DC, so I was on I-395 about a mile away from the Pentagon when the plane hit. I was shocked, it seemed very surreal. The next day, I didn't see much of a difference with there being no planes in the sky. The city was still kind of at a standstill, still in shock. We had no school. I hung around at my friend's house smoking weed and talking about the future.

Best Answer

Since there were no planes, there was no pollution. I have not seen the sky that blue for a very long time. I was a great day to take pictures. Because I was an Over the Road Tractor trailer driver, I was running a load up to Maine, and planning to route the New York City, but was forced off the road by the State Police. I sat with many other drivers in a truck stop, enjoying the occasion to talk to them face to face, instead of on my CB. <br />
When I got the news later on, that the attack was suspected to have come from people in the Persian Gulf area, I was not surprised, since the United States of America, along with the great empires "France, and Europe", have been trying to get control of the region, for a long time. Some of the people of the Persian Gulf were bound to fight back sooner or later, in whatever way they could.<br />
When I heard president Bush call the attackers cowards, my reaction was; "What did he just say?", because cowards do not sacrifice their life for God, or country.

Best Answer

I was in a mental hospital and I saw it on the day room TV. We all thought it was a science fiction movie. Imagine my shock and surprise 8 days later when I got out and realized it was entirely true.

Best Answer

I was in a meeting. A horible meeting that at that very moment wanted to quit. Seems like it was a walk in the park compared to what people went through that day.

Best Answer

I had a flight scheduled on 9/12, which was obviously grounded. I drove 1100 miles home in a rental car with two other people, listening to the news reports.

Best Answer

I was working in my shop, the TV on and heard about a fire in the WTC.<br />
I live about 300 miles N of NYC in the country and was looking for stray aircraft after it was apparent what happened. When I watched the second tower collapse, live, not knowing what happened to the other one (I knew there were two) I remarked the world would never be the same--at least during my lifetime.<br />
We had the same brilliant, clear weather NYC had that day and next. I noticed the next night that I'd never seen the sky appear so bright and clear. We normally have a few hundred jets fly above us at 25,000 ft and there's normally contrails everywhere. I wonder if they have a bad effect on the atmosphere? My observation was not part of an overworked imagination.

Best Answer

I was in primary school and they made an announcement over the intercom telling what had happened and giving a moment of silence. I didn't really understand what happened until my older sister explained it to me that afternoon.

Best Answer

I was on Long Island, delivering to a shelter for the mentally disabled, when the second plane hit, they were all clapping and cheering, not understanding what had just happened. It was friggin surreal.<br />
From the front of the building, I watched as they fell, miles away, but you could see them go down...<br />
I then spent two straight days driving a NYC sanitation dump truck with debris in it to Staten Island, as a volunteer worker... the things I saw coming out of my truck were pieces, chunks of comcrete mixed with what could only have been body pieces. I don't say parts, because there really was nothing you could recognize except clothing... sometimes.

Best Answer

I was supposed to fly to Newark the next day, but of course it was canceled. What a sad day.

Best Answer

No reaction at all since I was at home and fortunately not looking to get on a plane anytime soon.

Best Answer

I was sleeping.

Best Answer