prettytasty prettytasty 31-35, F 12 Answers Nov 16, 2010

I was actually in high school, but I left when the first plane hit the first tower. They tried to lock us in the school, but I was scared and wanted to leave. A friend of mine came to me asking for a ride home to her mom. I got on the highway to drop her off - I live here in DC, so I was on I-395 about a mile away from the Pentagon when the plane hit. I was shocked, it seemed very surreal. The next day, I didn't see much of a difference with there being no planes in the sky. The city was still kind of at a standstill, still in shock. We had no school. I hung around at my friend's house smoking weed and talking about the future.

Best Answer

Since there were no planes, there was no pollution. I have not seen the sky that blue for a very long time. I was a great day to take pictures. Because I was an Over the Road Tractor trailer driver, I was running a load up to Maine, and planning to route the New York City, but was forced off the road by the State Police. I sat with many other drivers in a truck stop, enjoying the occasion to talk to them face to face, instead of on my CB.

When I got the news later on, that the attack was suspected to have come from people in the Persian Gulf area, I was not surprised, since the United States of America, along with the great empires "France, and Europe", have been trying to get control of the region, for a long time. Some of the people of the Persian Gulf were bound to fight back sooner or later, in whatever way they could.

When I heard president Bush call the attackers cowards, my reaction was; "What did he just say?", because cowards do not sacrifice their life for God, or country.

Best Answer

I was in a mental hospital and I saw it on the day room TV. We all thought it was a science fiction movie. Imagine my shock and surprise 8 days later when I got out and realized it was entirely true.

Best Answer

I was in a meeting. A horible meeting that at that very moment wanted to quit. Seems like it was a walk in the park compared to what people went through that day.

Best Answer

I had a flight scheduled on 9/12, which was obviously grounded. I drove 1100 miles home in a rental car with two other people, listening to the news reports.

Best Answer

I was working in my shop, the TV on and heard about a fire in the WTC.

I live about 300 miles N of NYC in the country and was looking for stray aircraft after it was apparent what happened. When I watched the second tower collapse, live, not knowing what happened to the other one (I knew there were two) I remarked the world would never be the same--at least during my lifetime.

We had the same brilliant, clear weather NYC had that day and next. I noticed the next night that I'd never seen the sky appear so bright and clear. We normally have a few hundred jets fly above us at 25,000 ft and there's normally contrails everywhere. I wonder if they have a bad effect on the atmosphere? My observation was not part of an overworked imagination.

Best Answer

I was in primary school and they made an announcement over the intercom telling what had happened and giving a moment of silence. I didn't really understand what happened until my older sister explained it to me that afternoon.

Best Answer

I was on Long Island, delivering to a shelter for the mentally disabled, when the second plane hit, they were all clapping and cheering, not understanding what had just happened. It was friggin surreal.

From the front of the building, I watched as they fell, miles away, but you could see them go down...

I then spent two straight days driving a NYC sanitation dump truck with debris in it to Staten Island, as a volunteer worker... the things I saw coming out of my truck were pieces, chunks of comcrete mixed with what could only have been body pieces. I don't say parts, because there really was nothing you could recognize except clothing... sometimes.

Best Answer

I was supposed to fly to Newark the next day, but of course it was canceled. What a sad day.

Best Answer

No reaction at all since I was at home and fortunately not looking to get on a plane anytime soon.

Best Answer

I was sleeping.

Best Answer