Domhollow Domhollow 31-35, M 5 Answers Jan 23, 2013 in Memories

Back in my day, Pluto was a planet, Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys were the cat's pajamas, we didn't own a computer and Disney was our part-time babysitter. I shared a room with my sister; we had bunk-beds. We never talked back to our parents in a disrespectful tone.

What baffles me is wondering how children are going to learn the names of the planets in order when Pluto isn't a planet anymore: "My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine ...." nine what?

I still have more audio cassettes than cd's. I like the simplicity of the VHS players too.

Best Answer

I remember when it was permitted to submit essays written by hand. Hand-written essays, not typed.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing that and I'm totally with you!!

Best Answer

Awesome and I thank you so much for saying all of that!! I feel the same as you!! Things seem to me they were way better back then. Seems like everything is going down the drain :(

Best Answer

Not everything is going down the drain. Women have greater opportunities and there is less resistence to us pursuing what have typically been reserved for men. Tolerance of all/most kinds is on the rise, for people of different religions, orientations, people with disabilities, even people with different social identities. I know that in certain parts of America people are still clinging to their old-fashioned discriminatory ways, but the way things are progressing (at least in my limited experience of our continent) it does give me some hope. And when I have a daughter of my own I know she'll have even more of the world & opportunities available to her, without even as much resistence to her success. The future gives me hope, far from "everything [...] going down the drain". Although... I must mention, I live in Canada and our education system in comparison to my friend the US, is rather more promising and that is part of the reason I have more hope for my children and the progression of our nation's education & therefore its betterment. Thanks for listening. Stay optimistic!!! :)

Best Answer

I just posted a story called Childhood Depression in the "I battle deprssion" group. Check it out for my full story

Best Answer

I don´t know but we´d love to hear yours.

Best Answer

Na you definitely don't wanna hear mine. There'd be nothing good about it.

Best Answer