Loneliness doesnt always lead to depression and isolation.

Best Answer

It depends on the person. Originally, I thought that it was due to my loneliness that I had gotten depressed, but I later realized that there had been certain behaviors that had led to that loneliness. My parents were mean and vicious and completely inept, so I hadn't developed a way with people - I was scared of them. Also, I've come to believe that for many people, depression starts in the womb - if you've been exposed to your mother's stress hormones and her not taking proper care of herself nutritionally and otherwise, there's little chance that your brain would develop a strong coping mechanism as well. It's a vicious circle, but there's a way out, of course - don't get stuck in repetitive behaviors and thoughts. It's hard as hell, but it's doable and worth it. Cheers

Best Answer

depression then isolation. if you have a healthy mind you can handle loneliness and take steps to combat it and eventually you will not be lonely any more. when you are depressed though your mind cannot see a way out of any problem and you drive people away leading to complete isolation.

Best Answer

I think lonliness can lead to depression and depression leads to lonliness I personally think they go hand and hand

Best Answer

Depression leads to lonliness and isolation. I know. Been there done that.

Best Answer

Depresion then isolation.

Best Answer

@nunyabuziness agreed but depression normally leads to lonliness and isolation

Best Answer

I believe loneliness comes from not having authentic connections to other people and not being understood, and it can lead to depression (?). Depression is a medical mental health issue, low levels of serotonin in your brain, can be genetic I think, and can be treated with therapy and antidepressants. I don't think there are any medical treatments for loneliness. But depression definitely leads to loneliness and isolation.

Best Answer

Either or.
Which comes first, the chicken or the egg. Both, and neither.
You can be depressed simply because you have no reason not to be, but I would say that a lot of times when you feel lonely you become depressed, and when you feel depressed, you become isolated.

Best Answer

That's a good question. For me, the isolation came first - I was badly bullied at work - then I became depressed because I lost trust in people. I often feel awkward and stupid and find it hard to enjoy doing anything, so I'm not much fun to be with. <br />
I think maybe you can decide that you're going to deal with the loneliness, though, whatever caused it. If I decide to act on doing something positive, like, meeting a friend in town, or calling an acquaintance to see if they'll go to a pub with me, then I've taken action to deal with the isolation and it helps with the depression too. It doesn't always work, and I don't always get a good response, but occasionally I will meet someone and do something positive. I have set up a seed sharing group and we meet once every six weeks for a drink and to compare gardening notes. Then I'm not just focused on how @!£$%@$ miserable I feel.

Best Answer