Questionator Questionator 26-30 306 Answers Mar 10 in Community

Question of the Day

The Bible.

Best Answer

Don't get me wrong, I've never been religious, but I don't think the bible falls under the "fairytale" category.

Best Answer

It does to me. Giant guy lives in sky watching everything we do. He sent his son to die for our sins and if we speak the magic words and do good we will live happily ever after...forever and ever in heaven where we will want for nothing. Sounds like a fairytale to me.

Best Answer

There are so many fairy tales, and you answer "the bible" ! Creativity is flowing !

Best Answer

fair·y tale
noun
noun: a children's story about magical and imaginary beings and lands.
synonyms: folk tale, folk story, traditional story, myth, legend, fantasy, fable

Best Answer

Either you believe in it or you don't, but don't insult everyone who does. It sounds to me like you have a chip on your shoulder and maybe something to prove.

Best Answer

What makes the Bible any more valid than the Bhagavad Gita, the Greek Pantheon, or the teachings of his holiness The Flying Spaghetti Monster...bless his noodly appendage.

Best Answer

I posted my answer to the question. You responded. I have a right to my opinion as you do to yours.

Best Answer

He doesn't believe in God. That's up to him but he does have a point there tho. But I've seen alot of miracles and that's to me is coincidence or fairy tale if that was God doing those things to protect us.

Best Answer

I was going to add something but you summed it up. TY I wish people could just answer a simple question without putting others down. Just one question, now a religious debate smh

Best Answer

And right now, 46 people LIKE his answer. What does that tell you ? "FREE WILL", folks---that's in the Bible, too.

Best Answer

You can feel whatever you want, but others will feel differently. I for one am tired of kowtowing to any religion. This is a public sphere and I have the right to free speech that extends to this website. You are more than welcome to lodge a complaint and criticize my answer, but my answer stands and is valid.

Best Answer

Resorting to personal insults so quickly. Guess you don't have anything to really say.

Best Answer

came off as more of a political statement to me (which is fine).

Best Answer

The anti-stupidity party.

Best Answer

Youre right who ever told you the bible said that is wrong thats not what the bible says man says it does read it for yourself

Best Answer

How interesting a fairytale that makes it an offense against the fairytale to question its absolute truth.

Best Answer

You have got to be kidding. This is getting rather juvenile.

Best Answer

this comment is only to WANDERLUST...so don't anyone take it directed at them...living in the sky makes him an alien, impregnating a 15 yr old girl makes him an alien pedo LMFAO....right on WANDERLUST WHERE WILL THE INTERPRETATIONS OF THIS TALE END ? oh yeah IN HEAVEN ....all due respect to the weak, insecure easily controllable people who cant think for themselves...I already know I am out there in space....so no comments needed :) that makes me an alien too

Best Answer

@ silver1105, how Christian of you...

Best Answer

If you think that all is a fairytale, then you won't have to worry about going to Heaven after you die, because you will be in the Other place.

Best Answer

Does that really make sense to you? Any sense at all? The rest of your eternity will be determined by how you choose to spend the few scant years here on this planet. Some people will get no more than a few hours some will get 100+ years. Still considering that how you spend that time will decide how you spend the next forever and ever I don't see the logic.

Best Answer

So you're saying that when the end comes for you, you'll be all dressed up with no place to go? Too bad, because I was really looking forward to taking harp lessons.

Best Answer

Harp lessons for eternity? Mull that over for a while. Once god comes back and sets up his kingdom on Earth and rules he will do forever and ever. Imagine spending eternity like that.

Best Answer

You're going to live the nightmare called HELL! So sad for u... :'(

Best Answer

Lol. I am going to die and that shall be the end of it. Just like you and everyone else on this planet. The difference is I won't spend my life living by a bunch rules laid down by people who didn't even understand why rainbows formed.

Best Answer

It sounded like sarcasm to me.

Best Answer

the top two answers to this question simply go to show what cynical smart-arses most Q&A users are

Best Answer

:D

Best Answer

Ironically, there was just an uproar a few months ago in the news about why stores, list the Bible under the category of "fiction"... I don't know what the outcome was.

Best Answer

Can't miss it by much.

Best Answer

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Best Answer

With you all the way Amen to that mate.

Best Answer

Fairy tales are a particular literary genre, with a particular kind of structure. The Bible does not have that structure, nor do Greek or Norse mythologies. Regardless of whether you think the Bible is the revealed word of God or you think it is 100% make-believe, it is not a fairy tale.

Best Answer

Umm...I think they just want to know what your favorite fairy tale is...

Best Answer

The asker, of course. I used plural because I was too lazy to find the gender.

Best Answer

dammit you beat me to it

Best Answer

A fairy tale indeed.

Best Answer

Most of you are way too concerned with all of these ideas and symbols

Best Answer

I would have to also agree with your answer as well. The Bible is far more of a fairytale than any of us really know!

Best Answer

I've only read a few parts of the bible, but it's quite boring. Don't see why it's your favorite.

Best Answer

I like how everyone's turning this into a religious debate :). I'm a Wiccan, so I could honestly care less about the bible.

Best Answer

To bad for u! :-[

Best Answer

the little match girl by hans christian andersen. <br />
even though it is extremely sad and the only story that made me cry when i read it as a child.. but that is why it is the one i clearly remember after all of those years. fairytales did not all have happy endings when they were written, now disney and such make them all happily ever after. deluding children into thinking that this is how life is too...

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

I loved the ending

Best Answer

Beauty and the Beast. I love G.K Chesteron's moral: Someone must be loved BEFORE he becomes loveable.

Best Answer

I really like that

Best Answer

The modern one where Little Red Riding Hood kills the wolf. :)

Best Answer

I am speaking on the current one. Red Riding Hood is capable, independent, and she destroys the wolf without anyone's help. :)

Best Answer

Thank you, bob.

Best Answer

The Little Match Girl. Beautiful.

Best Answer

In the end her grandma takes her to heaven if I'm correct :)

Best Answer

Yeah :') so amazing. Makes me cry every time.

Best Answer

The anime Fairytale

Best Answer

It's Fairy Tail.

Best Answer

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Best Answer

Beauty & The Beast

Best Answer

I'm with you, jpinka. Nobody really believes fairy tales. Billions of people have faith in various religions. Religion is a separate question. If wanderartist wants to call the Bible a fairy tale, well that's his right, but c'mon, it's clear he just wants to start an off-topic argument. In that, he has succeeded.
Now, I would happily trade this cow for some magic beans. Do you know where I can find some?

Best Answer

go to the end of an rainbow turn left at yellow brick road and make a right to the ginger bread house, grandma has all kinds of magic beans :)

Best Answer

Cinderella :)

Best Answer

snow white and the seven dwarfs

Best Answer

Beauty & The Beast.

Best Answer

"Yes We Can..." THAT was definitely a fairy tale. Obama must have heard it in Hawaii. Not my fav.

Best Answer

Lmao! No we can't!

Best Answer

Rapunzel.

Best Answer

HEDGEHOG TO THE RESCUE<br />
Shane and Sia, twin Barbie dolls<br />
Loved little animals sweet and small<br />
Then one day and evil villain<br />
Sent them videos of him killing kittens<br />
His name was Dr. Magnatta<br />
He even killed people with a chain saw<br />
The poor little Barbie’s didn’t know what to do<br />
Till their friend “The Hedgehog’ came to their rescue<br />
With an offer to audition for ***********<br />
Dr. Magnatta threw aside his cloak of anonymity<br />
So instead of a sexual audition<br />
Magnatta is spending life in prison<br />
Now before you dismiss me as a poetic fool<br />
Consider this,<br />
Everything I told you is absolutely true

Best Answer

The one where I am KiSSed by a Beautiful Princess and we are whisked away in a punkin to liVe liFe laRge aNd haPPily Forever aFteR, Amen, and stuff

Best Answer

'Amen and stuff' Thank you for making me smile.

Best Answer

iTs aLL I eVer wanTed was to make preTTy giRls sMile and um sTuFF

Best Answer

Cinderella and maybe sleeping beauty-She kind of reminds me of me sleeping all the time all day. Mainly waiting for a true love. Pfftʕ·ᴥ· ʔ. I like a another one of them..

Best Answer

Thumbelina, definitely!:)

Best Answer

I like all of them, but the best one for me is Hansel and Gretel. Especially the Brothers Grimm version.

Best Answer

The match girl, it's so beautiful at the end when the girl and her nan go to heaven :')

Best Answer

I love the Hans Christian Andersen little mermaid.

Best Answer