Question of the Day

The Bible.

Best Answer

Don't get me wrong, I've never been religious, but I don't think the bible falls under the "fairytale" category.

Best Answer

It does to me. Giant guy lives in sky watching everything we do. He sent his son to die for our sins and if we speak the magic words and do good we will live happily ever after...forever and ever in heaven where we will want for nothing. Sounds like a fairytale to me.

Best Answer

There are so many fairy tales, and you answer "the bible" ! Creativity is flowing !

Best Answer

fair·y tale
noun
noun: a children's story about magical and imaginary beings and lands.
synonyms: folk tale, folk story, traditional story, myth, legend, fantasy, fable

Best Answer

Either you believe in it or you don't, but don't insult everyone who does. It sounds to me like you have a chip on your shoulder and maybe something to prove.

Best Answer

What makes the Bible any more valid than the Bhagavad Gita, the Greek Pantheon, or the teachings of his holiness The Flying Spaghetti Monster...bless his noodly appendage.

Best Answer

I posted my answer to the question. You responded. I have a right to my opinion as you do to yours.

Best Answer

I was going to add something but you summed it up. TY I wish people could just answer a simple question without putting others down. Just one question, now a religious debate smh

Best Answer

And right now, 46 people LIKE his answer. What does that tell you ? "FREE WILL", folks---that's in the Bible, too.

Best Answer

You can feel whatever you want, but others will feel differently. I for one am tired of kowtowing to any religion. This is a public sphere and I have the right to free speech that extends to this website. You are more than welcome to lodge a complaint and criticize my answer, but my answer stands and is valid.

Best Answer

Resorting to personal insults so quickly. Guess you don't have anything to really say.

Best Answer

came off as more of a political statement to me (which is fine).

Best Answer

The anti-stupidity party.

Best Answer

How interesting a fairytale that makes it an offense against the fairytale to question its absolute truth.

Best Answer

You have got to be kidding. This is getting rather juvenile.

Best Answer

If you think that all is a fairytale, then you won't have to worry about going to Heaven after you die, because you will be in the Other place.

Best Answer

Does that really make sense to you? Any sense at all? The rest of your eternity will be determined by how you choose to spend the few scant years here on this planet. Some people will get no more than a few hours some will get 100+ years. Still considering that how you spend that time will decide how you spend the next forever and ever I don't see the logic.

Best Answer

So you're saying that when the end comes for you, you'll be all dressed up with no place to go? Too bad, because I was really looking forward to taking harp lessons.

Best Answer

Harp lessons for eternity? Mull that over for a while. Once god comes back and sets up his kingdom on Earth and rules he will do forever and ever. Imagine spending eternity like that.

Best Answer

You're going to live the nightmare called HELL! So sad for u... :'(

Best Answer

Lol. I am going to die and that shall be the end of it. Just like you and everyone else on this planet. The difference is I won't spend my life living by a bunch rules laid down by people who didn't even understand why rainbows formed.

Best Answer

It sounded like sarcasm to me.

Best Answer

the top two answers to this question simply go to show what cynical smart-arses most Q&A users are

Best Answer

:D

Best Answer

Ironically, there was just an uproar a few months ago in the news about why stores, list the Bible under the category of "fiction"... I don't know what the outcome was.

Best Answer

Can't miss it by much.

Best Answer

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Best Answer

With you all the way Amen to that mate.

Best Answer

Fairy tales are a particular literary genre, with a particular kind of structure. The Bible does not have that structure, nor do Greek or Norse mythologies. Regardless of whether you think the Bible is the revealed word of God or you think it is 100% make-believe, it is not a fairy tale.

Best Answer

Umm...I think they just want to know what your favorite fairy tale is...

Best Answer

The asker, of course. I used plural because I was too lazy to find the gender.

Best Answer

A fairy tale indeed.

Best Answer

Most of you are way too concerned with all of these ideas and symbols

Best Answer

I would have to also agree with your answer as well. The Bible is far more of a fairytale than any of us really know!

Best Answer

I've only read a few parts of the bible, but it's quite boring. Don't see why it's your favorite.

Best Answer

I like how everyone's turning this into a religious debate :). I'm a Wiccan, so I could honestly care less about the bible.

Best Answer

To bad for u! :-[

Best Answer

the little match girl by hans christian andersen. <br />
even though it is extremely sad and the only story that made me cry when i read it as a child.. but that is why it is the one i clearly remember after all of those years. fairytales did not all have happy endings when they were written, now disney and such make them all happily ever after. deluding children into thinking that this is how life is too...

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

I loved the ending

Best Answer

Beauty and the Beast. I love G.K Chesteron's moral: Someone must be loved BEFORE he becomes loveable.

Best Answer

The modern one where Little Red Riding Hood kills the wolf. :)

Best Answer

I am speaking on the current one. Red Riding Hood is capable, independent, and she destroys the wolf without anyone's help. :)

Best Answer

Thank you, bob.

Best Answer

The Little Match Girl. Beautiful.

Best Answer

In the end her grandma takes her to heaven if I'm correct :)

Best Answer

Yeah :') so amazing. Makes me cry every time.

Best Answer

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Best Answer

Cinderella :)

Best Answer

snow white and the seven dwarfs

Best Answer

Beauty & The Beast.

Best Answer

"Yes We Can..." THAT was definitely a fairy tale. Obama must have heard it in Hawaii. Not my fav.

Best Answer

Lmao! No we can't!

Best Answer

Rapunzel.

Best Answer

HEDGEHOG TO THE RESCUE<br />
Shane and Sia, twin Barbie dolls<br />
Loved little animals sweet and small<br />
Then one day and evil villain<br />
Sent them videos of him killing kittens<br />
His name was Dr. Magnatta<br />
He even killed people with a chain saw<br />
The poor little Barbie’s didn’t know what to do<br />
Till their friend “The Hedgehog’ came to their rescue<br />
With an offer to audition for ***********<br />
Dr. Magnatta threw aside his cloak of anonymity<br />
So instead of a sexual audition<br />
Magnatta is spending life in prison<br />
Now before you dismiss me as a poetic fool<br />
Consider this,<br />
Everything I told you is absolutely true

Best Answer

Cinderella and maybe sleeping beauty-She kind of reminds me of me sleeping all the time all day. Mainly waiting for a true love. Pfftʕ·ᴥ· ʔ. I like a another one of them..

Best Answer

Thumbelina, definitely!:)

Best Answer

I like all of them, but the best one for me is Hansel and Gretel. Especially the Brothers Grimm version.

Best Answer

The match girl, it's so beautiful at the end when the girl and her nan go to heaven :')

Best Answer

I love the Hans Christian Andersen little mermaid.

Best Answer

Little red riding hood.

Best Answer

Rumplestiltskin. It was made even better by the wonderful Robert Carlyle.

Best Answer

Beauty & The Beast

Best Answer