Questionator Questionator 26-30 330 Answers Mar 27 in Community

Question of the Day

Up

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

Yes it made me cry!

Best Answer

Yes!

Best Answer

Saving Private Ryan.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

couldn't agree more.

Best Answer

That was a good movie

Best Answer

Very intense, absolutely!

Best Answer

oh! hell yeah, i agree...that's real life war!!

Best Answer

Are you sure about that ? The opening scene of a 70+ year old PVT Ryan visiting the D-day memorial with his family pawing at him as he reflects on the war. .what was so awesome about that ?

Best Answer

R u sure? Read my first reply here

Best Answer

Read my first reply to this answer

Best Answer

But that's not the opening scene. Read my first reply here.

Best Answer

I was meaning the war scene. But I liked the part where he was visiting the memorial too. It showed people that the country backed then sacrificed a lot to keep them from living under Hitler's laws.

Best Answer

The scene of him visiting the memorial was.

Best Answer

I know . ..or rather, I figured you were talking about the beach landing . That was intense . As a combat veteran myself, it had me all knotted up and welled up and in the zone. The scene I still can't watch over is the hand to hand scene where the German they let go slowly buries his cold steel into the Jewish soldier then walks by the clerk who insisted on letting him go free like he (german) just fckued his (clerk) mom and didn't care who knew. That whole movie was so intense. The grainy and jumpy cinematography , the sound effects of all the firepower reporting . Definitely an awesome movie. Hanks should have got another Oscar for it.

Best Answer

Yea, sorry. I didn't mean to cap all over your answer. I thought I was replying to each individual comment. I stand corrected.

Best Answer

Best answer :D right there!

Best Answer

Me too

Best Answer

Lion King.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

Yesss!!

Best Answer

Yuck. Lion King was bogus.

Best Answer

A Clockwork Orange:<br />
The milkbar scene with the additional music for the funeral of Queen Mary.<br />
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-mDTdeKR8<br />
Inglourious Bastards also has a very good opening scene. Filled with excellent dialogue (Tarentino's trademark) ending in a shootout.<br />
The Social Network opening scene also consists out of fast paced dialogue, like the entire movie basically. Definitely worth watching as well.

Best Answer

Lord of the Rings, the first one, with Galadriel speaking elvish in the dark, prophesying what is to come

Best Answer

Oh,yes!

Orlando Bloom looked so cute in that movie!

Best Answer

fave!

Best Answer

An EP Documentary: The Mystery of the Nerd's Thighs

Best Answer

yes! and that's a mystery unsolved!!

Best Answer

The James Bond movie: The Spy Who Loved Me with that amazing ski chase

Best Answer

I totally agree

Best Answer

Gladiator

Best Answer

Overall, a great film....one of the best.

Best Answer

Excellent music score too...(Hans Zimmer, always the best)

Best Answer

Pulp Fiction.

Best Answer

Star Wars : New Hope

Best Answer

Lesbo Anal ******* 4............lots of very "opening scenes" in this under rated gem of a movie.

Best Answer

Hahahaha

Best Answer

Alright buddy, your comment had me so curious that I googled a phrase that I never envisioned that I would ever be googling. I, not only feel violated by what I so...I just, flat out can't believe what I saw.

Best Answer

Hahaha!!

Best Answer

I think the sequel was far superior to the original.

Best Answer

They will make some money now, but later in life will have difficulty in holding their fart, and may even get incontinence.

Best Answer

Not another teen movie.

Best Answer

2001 - A Space Odyssey

Best Answer

Now I'll be dreaming of monkey men trying to hit me over the head with bones.

Yes, it was a great beginning, but the rest of the movie was so boring, it gave me blood clots in my legs.

Best Answer

That match-cut from the ape-men to the orbiting space-weapon has to be one of the greatest transitions in cinematographic history!

Best Answer

try the book.. then the movie will be so much better :)

Best Answer

Hands down the best opening sequence in all of film history. I wondered how many answers it would take before someone realized that 2001 is THE answer.

Best Answer

My first, instinctual choice also. Books/movies/media/song that speak to the human condition are always a mile above the same made solely for entertainment.

Best Answer

...another important thing to remember: Don't even bother with the sequel "2010" - absolute rubbish! (The film's only saving grace is that Dame Helen Mirren plays Tanya Kirbuk, the Russian Commander) (oh! how I adore H.M.!!! - total class! ♥ ♥ ♥)

Best Answer

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I know its sounds but it was so cool.

Best Answer

2001: A Space Odyssey

Best Answer

Great minds thinking alike! ;) (sorry, I didn't see you'd already mentioned Kubrick's masterpiece!)

Best Answer

The notebook

Best Answer

Saving private ryan

Best Answer

What was so awesome about an old man visiting a D-day memorial with his family?

Best Answer

Pulp Fiction

Best Answer

That 007 movie skyfall haha

Best Answer

I can't believe they killed Bond!

Best Answer

That was definitely a great opening scene!

Best Answer

Goodfellas!

Best Answer