EPArsineh EPArsineh 26-30, F 180 Answers Dec 22, 2010

Honestly, I think all health issues should be discussed openly, without reservation (especially with doctors). It's almost 2011 and it's time to end ignorance and stigma. A person shouldn't put themselves at greater risk because of their fear to discuss medical issues. When it comes to health, all cards need to be placed on the table so that people are informed and can make educated decisions to prevent issues and remain healthy.

Best Answer

Sexual issues. Many women are afraid to address their lack of sex drive or satisfaction in the bedroom. As a result, we remain unfulfilled because we do not want to upset the man we are with. Unfortunately, many times this is our problem because we have allowed society to teach us that we do not have an equal say inside a committed relationship and that our job is to satisfy a man's needs, often forgetting our own.

Best Answer

Ture, but also wrong, because if you have the right husband/wife, youd come first and it would be naturally an open issue between the two of you. The real issue isnt the issue, but the issue is the spouse.
"Two become one flesh" you joined and can only achieve anything in life together.

Best Answer

Mental Health Issues and AIDS -- people are still trying their best to remain "in the closet" about these health issues because of the stigma

Best Answer

Herpes. Most people do not know some significant facts about it:<br />
In north America, 1 in 4 women and 1 in 5 men have genital herpes which is usually type 2 herpes. Over 80% of them do not know they have it because most people who have it never have any symptoms. Also, since doctors hate to diagnose this, many people do not get the test for it even if they go to a doctor. And when you have a "complete STD screening" those tests almost never include herpes. If you want to be tested for herpes, you must request it and be proactive about it.<br />
In north America, over 80% of all people over the age of 12 have herpes type 1, oral herpes, commonly referred to as "cold sores." In Europe the statistics are much higher. It is that common! And many people do not realize that you can acquire genital herpes from receiving oral sex from a person with hsv 1 whether the cold sore is active or dormant (usually it's dormant).<br />
Another statistic: About 40% of those who have a genital herpes outbreak never have another one.<br />
The social stigma for these common viruses is very unfair and terrible and causes many people to hide from life. It's hard to be the butt of every second rate comedian's jokes. Some people even commit suicide due to the stigma and ignorance about it. It's hard to suffer from a very common virus and feel you are bad and alone and will be alone forever.

Best Answer

How health insurance companies are all crooked and are an enemy to our country.

Best Answer

The over persc<x>ription of medication to manage symptoms instead of encouraging solutions. I believe pharmacutical companies advance research into drugs to treat not to cure and as big money is there alternative therapies are neglected and not researched thoroughly by scientific institutions as there is no vested interest to make money by free practical therapies and remedies. For eg. there is no placebo effect, it's the biology of belief.

Best Answer

Yes yes yes, or the overprescription of meds instead of encouraging prevention/education!

Best Answer

MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: My mom MS has devastated my family. It is a truly terrible disease - incurable and debilitating.

Best Answer

VESTIBULAR DISORDERS, especially those that are not Meniere's, or , what I'm trying to say is - I wish more time was spent helping those with rare or obscurely-symptomatic but definite vestibular disorders.<br />
Also, I wish that researchers would try to find more sophisticated, less primitive treatments for menstrual migraines than birth control and hormonal pills that upset your entire system and cause disasterous weight gain, glandular probs., making treatment worse than the problem! If I see one more doctor flinch, too, when I need to talk about my issues as a woman, health-wise, especially sexual health, I feel I'll really lose my composure. People are too squeamish and prudish in discussing sexual health issues - in the 21st century! Come on! We have Viagra ads..let's get some help for us women now!

Best Answer

The greatest killer of mankind is the dreaded cancer,we as a union of nations should all pool our money together,gather the worlds leading experts in this field and research and search for the answer to this dreadful killer.I pray one day Cancer will be eliminated,a thing of the past,I am hopeful in time it will happen,maybe not in my lifetime,hopefully sooner rather than later.

Best Answer

IIH it still isn't acknowledged as being a very serious condition, and a big percentage of doctors don't know enough to properly diagnose a patient

Best Answer

Women's health issues mostly. Like Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and other hormonal imbalances in women. This disease can cause infertility in women and is somewhat crippling because of the excessive facial hair.

Best Answer

Nutrition. I feel that the vast majority of illness, including the psychological, are caused by poor nutrition. The medical establishment is disinterested in nutrition because surgery and drugs are paying the bills there, and healthy people don't need doctors. If this were being addressed in our public education system, maybe our country's health care costs wouldn't be through the roof, as they are today.

Best Answer

Strong dangerous allergies...<br />
somehow every time my annoying in law's take us out to dinner they ALWAYS offer me something they know I cant eat....its like it's not even important if I end up in the hospital with a purple face and lack of oxygen!.... people should pay more attention to what their friends and loved ones cannot eat...

Best Answer

Neurofibromatosis, otherwise known as Von Recklinghausen. People need to be educated on it.

Best Answer

Insanity- the definition I am using here is believing that something is real when it isn't- like the financial and legal systems. The only laws that really exist are the laws of nature. The rest are made up by us.

Best Answer

Openly address marital rape. I am a survivor of marital rape and it is never ever talked about and it should be.

Best Answer

There are many so-called "hidden" or "unseen" conditions. And if a human being develops one of them, mental hygiene challenges are sure to follow. In all honesty, I would like -- with discretion -- a little more openness about the safest and surest ways to put a condom on a penis. Sexually transmitted infections and diseases happen. I think we are unfair to our own selves -- especially in North America I suppose -- when it comes to mature and adult thinking with regard to human sexuality. I was once married and I am now divorced, but my libido has not gone away. Despite what some churches and organized religions want to preach and teach -- with the expectation of impunity when it fails to be found true -- not everyone can choose "celibacy" or "abstinence" with God's help. God gave us our human sexuality as a gift.

Best Answer

CFS/ME..... Chronic Fatigue... Myalegic Encaphalomyelitis... The most debilitating, devastating and totally misunderstood serious illness. Can be caused by viral or bacterial infections. Sufferers are alienated by doctors, friends and even family because there is so little information available. This leads to isolation and loneliness because of lack of empathy and understanding. Believe me I know how bad this can get!

Best Answer

I know I'm echoing plenty of good people here, but I agree that mental health issues should be more openly addressed. People don't understand how it can completely destroy lives. They act as if it's something you can just "get over".<br />
Also, Fibromyalgia. My best friend had it and his entire body ached all the time. He would've been in even worst pain if he hadn't lucked up on one doctor who didn't treat him like a junkie just because he needed pain medication. Doctors didn't know much about it, especially back when he first found out he had it. They told him nothing was wrong with him. There still isn't much help for those who are in chronic physical pain like that. They have to jump through so many hoops to try to get relief. It really ****** me off.

Best Answer

Any disease or infection involving a woman's reproductive organs. I'm one of those women who suffer from constant yeast infections and even my doctor doesn't know why. I can't always afford the medications to cure them and the frusteration drives me insane.

Best Answer