SweetKiester SweetKiester 36-40, F 20 Answers Feb 22 in Embarrassing & Funny

The cold water is slightly heavier. When liquids are heated, they universally expand, becoming less dense. Since the volumes are the same, the higher density (cold water) will be heavier

Best Answer

Colder water is denser...colder is heavier.

Best Answer

cold water is heavier

Best Answer

depends how long you Hold It. Love

Best Answer

The heavier bucket!

Which weighs less? Five Gallon Buckets of Feathers or a Five Gallon Bucket of Feathers?

Best Answer

LOL... don't cornfuse me here T..... *grins*

Best Answer

Five one gallon buckets of feathers- the five one gallon buckets will weigh more in and of themselves than the five gallon bucket will (assuming similar construction) because of the higher surface area that needs to be covered.

Best Answer

Cold water gets denser and heavier by volumn until it gets down to about 4 degrees C at which point it begins to expand and starts to get lighter again by volumn.

Best Answer

So, 5 pounds of COLD Water is Heavier than 5 pounds of HOT Water?

What if it's 2 Pounds of COLD Water in a 5 Gallon Bucket and 2 Pounds of HOT Water in a 7.5 Gallon Bucket?
Then which one is heavier?

Suppose it's 2 Pounds of COLD Water in a 6 Gallon Bucket and 3 Pounds of HOT Water in a 5 Gallon Bucket?
Then what?

OH! what happens when they Both Freeze!? Is the Heavier Bucket Colder than the Lighter Bucket?

Best Answer

*head explodes*.... *laughing*

Best Answer

The question was about quantity by volume, not by weight. My original answer stands, at most temperatures the colder water is heavier BY VOLUME.

Best Answer

OH! (Silly Me!)
Soooo ... The Louder the water is the the Heavier it is?
Does that mean that Water chilled down to Absolute Zero is Very Very LOUD and Weighs NOTHING?!
Does it float? .... In the Air, not in Water.
OR... Is it the other ways around? Extremely Cold (Frozen) Water is Quieter?

Best Answer

I don't know what's sadder; taking you seriously or assuming you think that passes for humor.

Best Answer

Sorry, I thought about it... I think I have it figured ou.
The Colder the water, the Quieter it will be; mainly because the molecules would be slowed down and make less sound. ... So that's solved.
But, since the Colder Water gets heavier, why does an Ice Cube Float in Hot Water.
Shouldn't it sink?

Best Answer

oh, Red,.... *grins* do be careful... he takes his humour VERY seriously.... *laughs*

Best Answer

I haven't seen anything from him remotely like something I'd call humor. So far he sounds like a 10 year-old with a serious head injury.

Best Answer

*smiles* Oh no, his head's fine.. and he's not 10.. in fact he's very intelligent.. he just likes fooling around on here. :)

Best Answer

No. Water contracts as it cools until it gets below 4degrees C. At that point it expands a lot until It freezes solid. Ice cubes are water that has expanded and, since they displace more volume than any liquid water, they float.

Best Answer

actually an ice cube wouldn't do much in hot water but melt immediately.......

Best Answer

Again, it depends on volume of ice vs. volume of hot water.

Best Answer

lol.. I suppose you have a point there. *grins*

Best Answer

Seriously now:
So you're telling me that a piece of ice at 3.75 degrees C. hasn't yet expanded and will not be "floating" like it would be at 5 degrees C ?
The "warmer ice" would be level with the water surface, but the "colder ice" will displace more water and rise out of the water! ?
The next thing you'll tell me, I suspect, is that 85 degrees C hot water will float/rise above 99 degrees C hot water!

Best Answer

Water freezes at 0 degrees Celsius. There is no warmer ice at 3.75 C or 5 C. All fluids stratify by temperature. This is why the deeper you dive in a lake, the colder the water is. It's also why hot air balloons rise.

Water is unique in that its densest state is above its freezing point. It's why ice cubes float in a glass. If you put dry ice (frozen CO2) in a bucket of liquid CO2 the dry ice would sink.

Best Answer

Well I meant -3.75 and -5 degrees C ... (cold enough to be frozen)...

Best Answer

is this a trick question ?

Best Answer

*shrugs innocently*

Best Answer

lmbo I was teasing not a serious answer

Best Answer

Hot water..there is no reason to lift and tote around cold water......

Best Answer

sure there is.... if you have to water animals... or your water's off for some reason and you want to flush... or you're watering plants outside, and don't have a hose...lol.. there's always a reason... *grins*

Best Answer

true....,in very few respects...

Best Answer

how cold is the cold water?

Best Answer

Cold water ofcourse. It is denser than hot water, also hot water starts evaporating.

Best Answer

they both weigh 5 gallons...so they are equal

Best Answer

hot water will be less dense so the cold water

Best Answer

The colder the water the heavier because it is more dense

Best Answer

Both should weigh the same

Best Answer

All other things being equal, the cold water, because it is more dense.

Best Answer

o.0

Best Answer