CookieInAJar CookieInAJar 31-35, F 16 Answers Jan 7 in Dating & Relationships

Total openness. Whats the point in being in a relationship if you have to hide?

Best Answer

Yeah. I think the same. I was best friends with my boyfriend for a year before we got together so we already had talked about some things. So it was easier for me. I told him the rest just before we got together and said take it or leave it and he was pretty great about it. I already trusted him cause of the friendship. I dont know what i would of done in any other situation.

Best Answer

It's different for each relationship, the thing is to set boundaries that are agreeable to both parties and stick with them. Honesty and communication are vital to any relationship.

Best Answer

I think there should be a middle ground. Honesty is important but you should be able to have some things that are just yours.

Best Answer

A good friend of mine advised me… "I think that everyone needs their alone time.. However you should be open and honest with each other. So then you know how each other really feels or appreciates."

Best Answer

Everything in moderation, hun.

Best Answer

Both to an extent. I'm sure being open with your spouse is great. But at the same time there are things that should be kept inside. Well Izavel nailed it on the spot. Read her response.

Best Answer

a healthy dose of both!

Best Answer

I think you need a balance.

Best Answer

Both are essential, and the cocktail varies from couple to couple. My wife and I are very open and tend not to spend a lot of time apart from one another. Other couples will explode of they don't get some alone time.

Best Answer

things don't have to be that extreme.

Best Answer

A bit of both.

Best Answer

For my privacy is important

Best Answer

A balance

Best Answer