I agree that it depends on the individual. A guy called Gary Chapman has written a book called 'The five love languages' and he proposes that individuals express and experience love primarily in the following ways<br />
Acts of service<br />
Gifts<br />
Touch<br />
Quality time<br />
Words of affirmation <br />
An example of how this works in my life is that my primary 'love language' is Words of affirmation. My husband's primary love language is Acts of Service. He could do heaps of stuff for me, but if he didn't tell me he loves me, I would still feel unloved. On the other hand, I can tell him I love him all the time, but if I don't show it to him in the way I act, he feels unloved.<br />
We usually give love in the way we like to receive it, but it's important to figure out what the other person's love language is in order to express love to them in the way they truly appreciate.<br />
That's one theory anyway.

Best Answer

Being shown that you are loved. Actions speak far louder than words ever could!!

Best Answer

oh, i would think its alot better to be shown. anyone can say i love you. even people that cheat on their spouses do that! but, when a person shows you i believe it is much deeper.

Best Answer

when you are loved you will understand. this person will truly care for you, not only say 'bla bla bla'

Best Answer

Definitely Shown! Talk is cheap and words come easy, but to show love is tangible

Best Answer

being constantly shown. sum ppl are shy and don't have the courage to tell you, but any1 can express their feelings by showing!!! :)

Best Answer

you mean in general? or personally? personally id rather be shown

Best Answer

i feel that being showed that u are loves is the most important. anyone can tell u they love u but actions speak louder than words.

Best Answer

It doesn't matter what is more important to me, unless you and I love each other. What matters is what's important to you, and your lover.<br />
fellum's answer is right on!

Best Answer

for me Both but if i could only choose one it would be shown love.... actions say so much more than just words... plus someone can treat you like trash and still say they love you

Best Answer

Being shown love...i think romantic loving gestures are still nice and would remain with you far longer than saying i love you because these days people say it all the time and it can mean nothing, but little gestures like them giving you their coat when your cold and showing understanding and making sweet comments to make you smile when you are feeling low would always make you feel loved :)

Best Answer

Are you serious? Anyone can say anything to you.....so someone telling you that you are loved could be totally bogus in every way. Someone showing you love is actualy proof that they do love you. Thats the point of all of this....any creep could tell you anything they think you want to hear.....havent you heard the saying ..."Actions speak louder than words"? Thats the answer to this one. Period.

Best Answer

Words are a dime a dozen.....actions last forever.

Best Answer

Shown....definitely, although I like Kitten's answer too!!

Best Answer

SHOWN!

Best Answer

You gotta show it cuz' people lie all the time. Love is just another word to some people.

Best Answer

Shown. Actions speak louder than words, and they can say it and not mean it, but why would they treat me like they love me if they don't?

Best Answer

Shown...words are cheap...

Best Answer

It is different for different people. Some need the words and others need acts, everyone is different.

Best Answer

being shown.

Best Answer