Lately, I have been craving onions, day and night. Even when I think about having something for dessert, I pass on it and have a red onion or a few green onions with a veggie dip, instead. I am certain that this is a lack of something in my body, but I don't know what it is. Any ideas?? To all those of you who took the time to reply to this question, and then I didn't select a best answer, I apologize. I am having a lot of trouble with my internet. I have a techie coming tomorrow, and so will be more reliably here in the future.
DragonBlue DragonBlue 66-70 7 Answers Feb 19, 2011

Hello, not much help i know but i just wanted to tell you i have the same problem, Except my cravings are raw onion(which i eat like an apple),salt,ice,and white cabbage. Im not pregnant by the way. my tongue even gets sore from the ice sometimes. i had a baby 3 years ago and that is when the ice cravings began,the onion,cabbage and salt are recent. went to my doctor two days ago and he is baffled and referring me to an eatting disorder group.

Best Answer

Onionium

Best Answer

Thanks Ernie. Not a lot of help, but you always manage to give me a smile. So I guess that is a big help in its way.

Best Answer

iron onions contain iodine which are good for your blood

Best Answer

Thanks SS. I will look into this as well.

Best Answer

This food is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin B6, Folate, Potassium and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin C.

Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2501/2#ixzz1ESpstFP4

Best Answer

Thanks for the link. I will look into it tomorrow.

Best Answer

This is what I found:

Blood cholesterol levels are getting high

The body is trying to protect itself from osteoporosis

The body may be trying to expel something from the body (onions are used for chelation)

Onions can help minimize the risk of heart disease

Help stop blood clots

Help reduce the risk of cancer

Helps as a decongestant

Best Answer

LC, this is great news, I can just keep eating onions. And get healthy doing it.

Thanks to all of you. I didn't expect such a response. Can I pick you all as best answer? How does one pick a best out of so many great ones?? You all are the greatest.

Best Answer