MissGaga MissGaga 22-25, F 15 Answers Aug 17, 2012 in Hobbies

For the sake of God. so 'For God's sake' is the correct form.

Best Answer

I thought so.

Best Answer

If your British. If you're American, it's "For God's Sake". LOL Danged Brits down know their quotation marks from an apostrophe in the ground.

Best Answer

I'm not British, I do know however it is 'If you're British'. The single quote and the apostrophe are, as you know, different. They may look the same, but they are not. The single quote is used correctly, the double quote, or citation mark, is used for, as the name implies, citations.

Best Answer

For God's Sake. Singular possessive

Best Answer

If you refer to multiple Gods....then Gods' would be correct.

Best Answer

Thanks.

Best Answer

There is only one God, I wouldn't write this lol

Best Answer

Correct.

Best Answer

oh, for God's sake! can't you tell?

Best Answer

LOL!

Best Answer

Both maybe?

Best Answer

Hmm I don't think it is possible, but it is not like a big grammatical mistake lol

Best Answer

hang on ... I'll ask God for you

Best Answer

Either is acceptable.

Best Answer

Sake = For the purpose of; in the interest of; in order to achieve or preserve.<br />
Thereby for the sake of God, of which there is singularly only one, "for God's sake" would be grammatically acceptable, but " for the sake of God", would be grammatically preferable.

Best Answer

God's sake or Gods' sake if you mean several gods

Best Answer

It is genitive, so it should be 'God's sake'...But I'm a stranger and we tend to be correct as much as we can, cause we don't know better.

Best Answer