Questionator Questionator 26-30 268 Answers Dec 12, 2013 in Community

Question of the Day

"if God exists, he has to beg my forgiveness"

-written on one of the walls at a concentration camp

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

i am no where near to europe/jews.but this 'thought' just shreds off pieces ofmy heart.

Best Answer

yes.its uneasy even to imagine what might have been going through his/her mind.

Best Answer

Wow, indeed. Heartbreaking.

Best Answer

Yes Mdifferent it's ultimately painful .

Best Answer

Sooo sad. How awful.

Best Answer

those sure were bad times..but i hopelessly hope people are more compassionate and tolerant now :)

Best Answer

He does not exist... Its just a myth,that people to grow up believing in something... That's the human nature...

Best Answer

That breaks my heart!

Best Answer

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

Those who try to rewrite history are trying to repeat it.

That applies both to those who pretend things didn't happen (e.g. holocaust deniers) and to those who pretend their own actions are "different" because "we're the good guys" when in fact they're perpetrating the exact same crimes they once opposed (e.g. the US, Israel).

Best Answer

‘Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.’

Best Answer

One of the most misquoted "quotes" many versions are used, below is the actual one to have been said by George Santayana.

Best Answer

“The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.”

#albert einstein

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

Love this quote =)

Best Answer

"Be the type of person

that when your feet touch the floor in the

morning

the devils says, "Aww ****...they're up"

-Dwayne Johnson

Best Answer

The Rock!

Best Answer

When asked. "What thing about humanity surprises you the most?", the Dalai Lama answered:

"Man..because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies never really lived."

Best Answer

Unfortunately, it is the nature of our life and it's destined not to be changed .

Best Answer

Oh it can be changed, we don't always need the biggest house, the biggest cars, the most money! Just family, friends, and the time to enjoy them.

Best Answer

I see that you talk out of your capability of acquiring something less than the biggest car or the biggest house , please do not forget those suffer so much to find the smallest car or the smallest room or sufficient poor food , those people are billions .

Best Answer

I come from less than nothing, and you nothing about me. What I work for now is not money, or success, but what truly matters. Me, and mine. Strive and reach for what you love most and the rest will fall into place. Material things mean nothing to me. Those are possessions that can be acquired most easily.

Best Answer

Beautiful, sad, and true.

Best Answer

Take every opportunity you can to enjoy your life

Best Answer

I do try. :)

Best Answer

Scal is that SoCal?

Best Answer

Nope I live in ny. S is from my first name, Cal is the first 3 letters of my last.

Best Answer

we dont need MONEY we dont ****** do!!
think about it....who created money as we know them today? a few powerful bankers....why dont we do something about it?

Best Answer

On crack much?

Best Answer

“It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.”

― Anne Frank

Best Answer

I wonder if she felt that way in the camp. Anne's narration ends just before they were arrested, the rest filled in by her father.

A friend of mine is a teacher. She planned to have the class read the book over several weeks. One girl came in the very next day in tears, mad at the teacher. "You didn't tell us she DIED!" The girl had been so riveted by the book that she lay awake all night. She had finished the book on her way back to school, so had only just learned of Anne's fate.

Best Answer

I know what you mean. I too have a good friend who is German. He told me that all Germans, even today feel a deep shame over that entire business. Something that scares me deeply is we are all capable of such deep irrational hatred. Your reaction to your friend proves that. After Japan attacked on 7 Dec 1941 thousands of Japanese Americans were rounded up and locked in prisons (a rose by any other name...) their property was seized and in most cases never returned.
You should talk to your German Friend about your reaction to Anne Frank. I'm sure they will forgive you.

Best Answer

Yes, you're right. You know, a true friend, if they think you've lost your mind, would help you look for it.

Best Answer

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Best Answer

Roosevelt obviously never has been on EP

Best Answer

And that nut job with a gun. Fortunately I also have a gun, and I know how to use it.

Best Answer

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.

~ C.S. Lewis

Best Answer

Thats my fav quote too

Best Answer

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Winston Churchill

Best Answer

Now its: "Never in the history of humanity
have so many been FUCT by so few".

Best Answer

Ain't that the truth. How things change. It's a strange world we live in

Best Answer

How is that new?

Best Answer

Not sure what you mean

Best Answer

You said "How things changed". Has it not always been that way?

Best Answer

Ok I see what you mean and I agree it's always been that way. I was talking more about how people treat each other and how things have changed. I should have explained it better

Best Answer

How have things changed in your opinion? I would like to hear your opinion.

Best Answer

'Nothing that's worthwhile comes easily'

So true :)

Best Answer

“Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.”

Mark Twain...

Best Answer

“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.” -Chuck Palahniuk (Invisible Monsters)

Best Answer

If they are invisible, how do we know he (or she) said it?

Best Answer

Mathematics and science can take you from point A to point B. Imagination can take you everywhere.

-Albert Einstein

Best Answer

This is why Albert Einstein is so awesome!!! :D

Best Answer

"Forget what hurt you but never forget what it taught you."

Best Answer

'We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.' - Nelson Mandela

Best Answer

Great quote form a great man :))

Best Answer

Real eyes realize real lies

Best Answer

nice

Best Answer

Try saying that really fast!

Best Answer

"It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge."

-Adolf Hitler

Best Answer

0: OMG that's an awesome quote (even though it came from the mouth if Hitler.)

Best Answer

Ikr ?! :p
And lol I guess eventhough Hitler was,..well Hitler, he has some of the greatest quotes ever.Probably because he always knew what he wanted to achieve and how to do that by knowing exactly how to fight against a certain group and conquer them by manipulating their thoughts to get to his desires.

Best Answer

Yes that's prolly right:)

Best Answer

Hitler was crazy but he wasn't stupid. Neither
were psychos like Himmler, Goebbels and the
other Nazis who helped Hitler destroy Germany.
Tragic when highly educated people decide to
use their knowledge to perpetrate evil. This is
happening right here in America as we speak.

Best Answer

Yes...

Best Answer

I'm changing my answer.

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison hoping it hurts the other person. Forgiveness is letting that anger go. Forgiveness isn't for the other person. It's for you."

Don't remember who said it.

Best Answer

"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He leads me beside Quiet Waters, He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely Your Goodness and Love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." - Psalm 23

Best Answer

Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

― Winston Churchill

Best Answer

The American people believe this, and its where
the hijackers of our Constitutional Republic go
wrong. Americans will NEVER accept Socialistic
Fascism as a form of government. Never, never,
never, never!

Best Answer